Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Did the SATA2 3Gbps hack on my Thinkpad T61p

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Did the SATA2 3Gbps hack on my Thinkpad T61p

So the other day I was thinking about getting a new Thinkpad T laptop, then I realized that I still quite like the laptop, and there is really no reason to upgrade.

I then decided I should try the SSD's since they are so cheap now. And upon further investigation it appears that Lenovo intentionally crippled the SATA speed to 1.5Gbps.

Thankfully, I found a hack that gets rid of the speed cap, see here:

Laptop Forums and Notebook Computer Discussion - View Single Post - T61/X61 SATA II 1.5 Gb/s cap - willing to pay for a solution

Now, off to Amazon to order a nice SSD!