Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Sonos... Anyone here tried the system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Question Sonos... Anyone here tried the system?

I am looking to hook up the whole house wirelessly to my music on my HD/iPod
This seems to be the best way to make a multi-zone wireless system work easily and quickly with the least amount of work

The Controller or you can you the iTouch or iPhone

You can add as many of these as you would like zones...

Seems very easy to set up

Sonos - Wireless Multi-Room Music System

Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very interested to see how this turns out!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
My boss has this system, he loves it.

For music (only) its absolutely the best system.

I spent a whole day at his where we set it up from scratch again for my benefit and then tested it all out, he had some upgraded remote with screen etc.

I actually got a Mac Mini and disseminate all my audio, and more importantly all my video/tv throughout the house using Plex, Airport Express etc.

If you just want audio, the Sonos is perfect, if you feel you might upgrade or want video also then a mac system is a better, more scalable alternative.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Superb system.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
been using it for a couple of years.

put a mirrored 2 TB drive off my timeport.

we have 2 iphones and 1 itouch that we use to control it.

have three zones right now. 1 with just the D/A feeding an amp, the other two are with their built in amps.

Interface can be a little clunky at times, like choosing zones.

If I try and copy large files to my timeport while playing music, some times the music can pause.

Also nice for playing internet radio.

Overall, I am very pleased.

Do a web search and find discount codes, saved me several hundred dollars.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I installed a Sonos system for my parents and I love it. I'll just copy paste my post from the POV thread:

I love it! Obviously the active Sonos stations shown in the pic aren't exactely high end amps but they deliver more than enough for their zones, kitchen and bathroom.
In the living room we have a passive Sonos connected to a real amp. I'm not sure if you have Spotify where you live but ever since Sonos started to cooperate with Spotify here in Sweden a couple of months ago it really has EVERYTHING you need.
The only thing they could maybe have done better are the new touch screen remotes. I prefer using an Ipad or the PC.