Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
$hit... Looks like I'm going to have to get a PS3 now.. The wifey is not gonna be happy - hey Christmas is just around the corner

Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna pre-order it tonight or tomorrow. Just want to be sure I don't have to wait 3 weeks before finding a copy.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
The rain effects look pretty amazing.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
The marketing blitz begins...Japanese TV ad:

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 "We Love Cars" Japanese TV Commercial

Interview with Kazunori -san (French) but transcribed below:

YouTube - TGS 2010 - Interview Gran Turismo 5 - Kazunori Yamauchi

[GameBlog Fr] What are the reasons you are made to postpone the date of Gran Turismo 5 release many times?
[KY] For the West, we never announce a date. So the things have followed their course as it was scheduled. And of course, is always the same thing: I always want to continue working on it, but people around me stop me! It must stop at some point or another.

[GameBlog Fr] Are you really satisfied now? or you still want to do more?
[KY] I always want to do more, of course.

[GameBlog Fr] You mentioned the concept of premium cars. can you tell us more?
[KY] Standard cars are actually cars from previous games in the series. We had less work to convert them to the PS3. They were included to provide a greater variety in the cars. Premium cars however, are like a glimpse of the future of the GT series. Moreover, and we have mentioned before, we may have gone too far into detail on PS3. What we have done is perhaps more appropriate for a future console.

[GameBlog Fr] Does that mean that only premium cars will have a damage management ?
[KY] The damage will affect the two types of cars but they “express themselves” differently depending on the type of vehicle. The premium models have a damage model much richer. But all will damage.

[GameBlog Fr] You have presented a new mode, the “special events”. Those will they take the form of appointment on the internet?
[KY] Yes, it’s that!

[GameBlog Fr] Such as to compete against Sebastien Loeb?
[KY]Yes, quite

[GameBlog Fr] How much physics has been reworked in relation to GT5 prologue?
[KY] Characteristics and movements of tires, and suspension have been changed profoundly since the prologue. One could say that this is totally different.

[GameBlog Fr] after a well deserved holiday, do you leave immediately on GT6, or do you have other projects in his head?
[KY] I actually enjoy working. So I do not tend to want to take a Holiday. And of course there are still many things I can do for Gran Turismo. This will probably lead me to begin the development of GT6. Whatever happens I can assure you that waiting for GT6 will not be as long as that of Gran Turismo 5.

Then we've got an interview (quite lengthy too!) with MotorTrend:

Gran Turismo 5 - Motor Trend

And finally Sony’s teaming up with Honda in a cross-promotion of GT5 and the new CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe in New York City’s Times Square this Thursday, September 23rd, from 10am to 6pm. You can read the official announcement for everything Honda has planned at the event, but here’s the most important thing to know: GT5 will be playable in 3D “racing sleds” all day long. The CR-Z will be featured in this demo, obviously, and it will be interesting to see which courses they’ll have available.

Let’s not forget that Times Square was introduced to the series in GT4, as you can see in the video below. If the New York track is going to make a return in GT5, would there be a better place to reveal it?

YouTube - GT4 New York 1'21.814 (HQ)

Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
When is the car list going to be released??? That is the $5,000,000 question.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
When is the car list going to be released??? That is the $5,000,000 question.
Well apparently 800 cars are going to come from previous GT's and 250ish that are brand new rendered in holier than thou detail. But I suspect lots of DLC hopefully. I'm really interested in the track creation mode and weather and.......November 2nd baby!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
1000+ CARS?? thats nuts can't wait

Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
i am hoping that you can share tracks that you make with others online. hoping to get a slew of real NA race tracks.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Is it in yet???

Old 09-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Is it in yet???
November 2nd, young Jedi.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread