Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I got the Furai and threw every mod at it. I could beat most of the cars but the Judd Hybride would consistently put 2+ sec a lap on me. I couldn't catch that car no matter what I tried.

I'm so frustrated. I just can't beat it.

I tried "Like the Wind" with my Veyron after doing everything I could to it with mods and it just plows into the wall every time the track takes a turn.
Are you having trouble with both Like the Wind tracks? The Veyron should beat the Daytona Road Course and the Furai should beat the circle track.

For the circle track: remember to change the transmission to 230-240mph, draft well and never break.

I'm assuming you're still using the controller and not a wheel which could be the reason...

Last edited by The Doctor; 12-06-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
^I play w/ controller, beat em fine.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
^I play w/ controller, beat em fine.
Okay. Then I don't know.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Gran Turismo 5 v1.03 Update Brings Mechanical Damage

Fire up Gran Turismo 5 and you’ll be prompted to download another new update, version 1.03, weighing in at 149MB in size. No information has yet been released about exactly what this update contains (though the official PlayStation blog hinted at incoming damage tweaks earlier today, thanks @hankolerd), and GT5’s online servers are currently offline until 11:00PM EST. I’ll update this post as soon as more solid information is made available.

UPDATE: The servers are back online and an in-game news notice has been posted, but it mentions nothing of exactly what changes v1.03 contains. However, as can be seen in the online “My Lounge” options for an online race, a new “Mechanical Damage” setting is available for the event with three settings, as described by the scrolling information bar on the bottom of the screen:

* “None” – No mechanical damage.
* “Light” – Mechanical parts can be damaged, but will “automatically be repaired after a short time has passed.”
* “Heavy” – Mechanical damage will be more severe, and can only be repaired by making a pit stop. Damaged parts will be indicated with on-screen icons.

Gran Turismo 5 v1.03 Update Brings Mechanical Damage

Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
I cant wait for that, guess ill have to restart soon. And anyone else find it weird we cant upgrade our brakes in this one?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
I cant wait for that, guess ill have to restart soon. And anyone else find it weird we cant upgrade our brakes in this one?
that was one thing I was wondering. I would like to do this with some cars

Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
and Doctor, Im not trying to contradict you or anything like that if you took it that way. I know not everyone is as into game as I am. I was just throwing my .02 out there, merely saying it is possible.

Anyone want to trade me for my ARTA NSX?

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 12-07-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
That update sound awesome! So will that damage also affect the performance of the cars or is it just cosmetic?

+1 on the brakes?! That was a tuning option in the old games.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've found the brakes on all the cars to be pretty stout. It's just like real life - you have to apply a lot of steady pressure. Only a couple of times have I been caught out, but I blame myself for coming in too fast. Most tracks, I can hit the brakes at the 100m board on a straight and be find. At Fuji and Monza, I usually hit the 150 boards at the longer straights.

I probably won't use the mechanical damage. I don't get a lot of entertainment from getting wrecked by the idiot AI putting me into a wall or barrier.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the brakes are nice but it would be cool to be able to upgrade them. Right now, I haven't found how to do that or am I retarded? (I'm only on lvl5 if that makes any difference )

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread