Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

A 959 Came out to Play with my F40

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Now that they're 20+ years old, they can qualify for being road legal with the right paperwork from my understanding.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Did someone bring a Carrera TTS and a 458 to wipe both your asses?

(Kidding the 959 and even the F40 are epic, great shoot)

Old 06-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
The 959 can be converted to meet US registration standard. Then once acar is 25 years old it can be imported. So we will be seeing more 959's and more Euro F40's in the US

Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
The 959 can be converted to meet US registration standard. Then once acar is 25 years old it can be imported. So we will be seeing more 959's and more Euro F40's in the US

I've read somewhere that the u.s car is better than the european model because you dont have to change some rubber fuel bladder parts like the european model every couple of years.

The cars in europe are much cheaper than U.S do you think that F40's will increase in price in the states or that will change once more cars imported from ROW countries ? In 4 years you can import any F40 be it 87-92 without having to buy from your local market and will that have impact on the price in america as the supply of cars increase in, they made 1,400 of these so it wont be hard to find them compared to 959's which are made in fewer numbers. In ROW these cars cost from 400,000 EUR to 550,000.

One F40 for sale in Europe for 550,000 eur has quiet a low mileage for its age, I mean not something under 5,000 miles but acceptable for its 20 + year of age.

Do you still can get a F40 in the states for less than $500,000 these days ?

The average price for the f40 in usa is around 700,000 is these days, i remember the best one's 5 years ago where around 400,000 figure.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-16-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
What an awesome day. Thanks again BBTurbo, my girlfriend and I had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I've read somewhere that the u.s car is better than the european model because you dont have to change some rubber fuel bladder parts like the european model every couple of years.

The cars in europe are much cheaper than U.S do you think that F40's will increase in price in the states or that will change once more cars imported from ROW countries ? In 4 years you can import any F40 be it 87-92 without having to buy from your local market and will that have impact on the price in america as the supply of cars increase in, they made 1,400 of these so it wont be hard to find them compared to 959's which are made in fewer numbers. In ROW these cars cost from 400,000 EUR to 550,000.

One F40 for sale in Europe for 550,000 eur has quiet a low mileage for its age, I mean not something under 5,000 miles but acceptable for its 20 + year of age.

Do you still can get a F40 in the states for less than $500,000 these days ?

The average price for the f40 in usa is around 700,000 is these days, i remember the best one's 5 years ago where around 400,000 figure.
A lot of variables to answer your question. I personally think the US models are superior to the Euro model. There are 213 US models and over 1,000 Euro models. The US models have adjustable backrests, std fuel cells (no bladder changes), a stronger sub frame, etc. So I think the US version will always carry a premium.

In terms of pricing, US models are well above $700k at this point. The last 3 sales prices, I can confirm are $825k, $925K and $1.1m. All low mileage and pristine paint. I'm sure you can find a high mileage example in the $700k range, but any low mileage, in pristine condition, is big bucks.

The Euro example you gave is over $700k, + 20% VAT for a 5,000 mile car that has over 1,000 examples produced. Very strong pricing for a Euro/ROW car.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
A lot of variables to answer your question. I personally think the US models are superior to the Euro model. There are 213 US models and over 1,000 Euro models. The US models have adjustable backrests, std fuel cells (no bladder changes), a stronger sub frame, etc. So I think the US version will always carry a premium.

In terms of pricing, US models are well above $700k at this point. The last 3 sales prices, I can confirm are $825k, $925K and $1.1m. All low mileage and pristine paint. I'm sure you can find a high mileage example in the $700k range, but any low mileage, in pristine condition, is big bucks.

The Euro example you gave is over $700k, + 20% VAT for a 5,000 mile car that has over 1,000 examples produced. Very strong pricing for a Euro/ROW car.
Thank you for the quick reply, however I think the delta between both U.S and row will decrease given the 25+ year rule. At the end of the day buyers will be eligible to import any F40 to the U.S and not be permitted to a certain spec and the car will be 1 of 1,400 and not just 213.

Yes I've noticed the price increase, little ago the price of an F40 was in the same $ of a loaded 458 Italia and how 5 years passed so quickly.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
looks like a fun time.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics, both of them are my favorite classics!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome post amazing cars as always!

Quick Reply: A 959 Came out to Play with my F40