Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Damaged Ferrari F40 (LM?) seen in London

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Jdub2348 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damaged Ferrari F40 (LM?) seen in London

I snapped this photograph of a Ferrari F40 near the Palace of Westminster while visiting London in June of 2006, and have always been curious about it. The car appears to have the wheels and wing of an LM, and surprisingly was cruising through Westminster with light damage to the front end. It had a cracked and broken lower bumper, and the left head light as well as the front lip were being held in place with what looked like black duct tape. This is the only photo I was able to get of the car and I didn't see the rear end to verify if it was an LM. I was hoping someone could shine some light on which variant of F40 this is and perhaps the odd situation of disrepair it was in.

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting story, someone will know the answer

Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
Interesting story, someone will know the answer
That someone is not me; but i am curious.

Always cool to spot an F40 though!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Did you get any closer to it? More than likely it was just a kit car...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah, the wheelbase looks kinda short on that pic...but could also be the angle

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Constructr is an unknown quantity at this point
Several things at the rear quarter area say "Kit" to me, too.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
I thought exactly the same thing Constructr..

Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Might be the car that traveler is restoring in a thread over on FChat...Which is a previously raced LM that had the standard front I believe

Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
TechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to beholdTechArt Dreamer is a splendid one to behold
It's definitely not an LM. It's a factory f40 with GTC/LM OZ's. I can't tell from the picture, but I don't think it has an LM wing, and it definitely doesn't have the LM hood.

-Markus-

Here's one hell of a fake I spotted in Newport Beach of all places.

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Jdub2348 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking it could be this car, which belongs to 212Export over on ferrarilife.com. Here's a link to some of his pics. Some "fall" F40 pictures - Ferrari Life

The damage, however, remains a mystery for the time being.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jdub2348; 04-15-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Damaged Ferrari F40 (LM?) seen in London