Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Knock on wood that's an outstanding car you've acquired, gosh that mileage is so low for a car at that age. My 3 year old "low mileage" weekend car has more miles than you do for a Supercar, if that was in my garage i am sure it would be driven more at least 2-3 days a week; a quick 1 hour drive enjoying the car on a fine afternoon with low traffic, having my favourite cd blasting and listening to that twin turbo V8 purr.

I just wanted to say Congratulations on owning the best and most iconic supercar on the road today, all of the cars you see today were following the F40's supreme in your face 80's look. I cant think of any supercar that grabs my attention as much as the F40, its just the creme de la creme in supercar territory in terms of looks and heritage.

Enjoy it in the best of health, thank you for sharing with us.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone ever dreamed of a modern F40?
Lightweight car with a CF tub, Modern TT V8, priced somewhere between the Scuderia and an Enzo, very limited producution and only for sale to current F40 owners, the body - very retro-styled like how Ford did it with the GT, roll-up windows, no stereo, barely street legal ...Now that would be cool

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 10-04-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
having my favourite cd blasting
That would be tuff, the F40 has no stereo except for the intercooled twin turbocharged 2.9L V8 behind your ears....

Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Peloton that is a beutiful car you have. Do you have any videos of it?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:33 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
That would be tuff, the F40 has no stereo except for the intercooled twin turbocharged 2.9L V8 behind your ears....
Thank you for correcting me,

Old 10-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Has anyone ever dreamed of a modern F40
Often, but it'll never happen. You couldn't make a car the size of the F40 as light as it is today, it'd never pass any crash test mandates. You also couldn't make anywhere near the kind of power it makes from a relatively small displacement with all the emissions crap required today.

Further, Ferrari seems not to be interested in building cars for the demographic who love the F40 anymore, which is IMO the worst travesty to behold.

If they were to make another F40-esque car, it'd weigh 3,000+ pounds and have flappy paddles, which would entirely defeat the purpose.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
peloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Often, but it'll never happen. You couldn't make a car the size of the F40 as light as it is today, it'd never pass any crash test mandates. You also couldn't make anywhere near the kind of power it makes from a relatively small displacement with all the emissions crap required today.

Further, Ferrari seems not to be interested in building cars for the demographic who love the F40 anymore, which is IMO the worst travesty to behold.

If they were to make another F40-esque car, it'd weigh 3,000+ pounds and have flappy paddles, which would entirely defeat the purpose.
According to F40 expert Joe Sackey, Ferrari spent $12million extra just to get federal approval to bring the 211 US-certified Enzo's into the country. This was for crash testing, catalytic converters, that type of thing. Considering that was 1988 dollars, plus what I suspect is the large volume of safety and emission regs put in place since 1988 (like an automatic system to turn-off the passenger air bag if a light weight like a small child is in the seat), I shudder to think what it would take for a manufacturer to federalize another small production run.

And I've sold off all my flappy-paddle cars...not a one of them did anything but dull my driving experience.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
maranello33 is an unknown quantity at this point
gr8 shots that's coool

Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
...all the 'music' anyone will ever need will come from that wonderful engine

Old 10-13-2008, 08:52 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
More pics, I love red with black wheels!

Black!

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread