Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Rumormill: 2011 Ferrari Enzo Successor

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Rumormill: 2011 Ferrari Enzo Successor

Found leftlanenews article on 2011 Enzo successor.

Illustrated: 2011 Ferrari Enzo II

Considered by many enthusiasts as the ultimate modern Ferrari, the limited-edition Enzo’s replacement will be a tough act to follow up for the Italian automaker. The second-generation Enzo, also named after the marque’s illustrious founder, promises to take performance – and, surprisingly, efficiency – to a new level.

Like the original Enzo, the car’s successor will be a range-topping supercar aimed at immortalizing the legendary founder of the brand. Available only to select current Ferrari owners, the next-generation Enzo will serve as the brand’s performance and technology showcase.

Based – at least in concept – on the Ferrari Millechili show car (though the production Enzo replacement won’t carry that name), the performance car will be loaded with the technology learned from years of Formula 1 experience.

Expected to be powered by a mid-mounted V8 engine, rather than the Maserati-based V12 that motivated the Enzo, power should easily exceed 700 horsepower. Though fuel efficiency is hardly a Ferrari selling point, the car must conform to more recent European Union standards, meaning a new emphasis has been placed on reducing consumption. It has been rumored that Ferrari will use twin-turbocharging to make the most out of a smaller-displacement (think under 6 liters) V8 engine.

Key to addressing the fuel economy issue is a significant weight and size reduction, which should bring the car well down from the just-over 3,000 lbs. of its predecessor; rumors out of Ferrari’s Maranello headquarters indicate that weight could approach 2,200 lbs. Improved aerodynamics, including adjustable front and rear spoilers, will not only help the new Enzo stick to the road at maximum speeds, but it will also ensure reduced fuel consumption.

Its platform could go one of two ways: Either a heavily-modified version of the FXX race car’s architecture – itself a variation of the road-going Enzo – or a slightly longer derivative of the F430’s aluminum space frame.

Production will probably be at least as limited as the original Enzo, meaning no more than 400 of the 1 million Euro-plus supercars will emerge from Maranello when it goes on sale in over a year’s time.

Most of this article is another expression of fishfull thinking of course, but this article lets me to post recent interview with Ferrari CEO Felisa in EVO magazine (issue 130, page 24), where he confirmed that work upon Enzo replacement is going on and Ferrari plans to lauch their next halo car before 2012 CO2 emission issue will hit. Felisa told EVO to expect next über-Ferrari to be lunched late 2010 or early 2011. Thats a great news.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I think the Super car needs a V12, but I can't say a V8 with twins wouldn't be awesome, obviously the F40 is the shit

Old 05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
If it's a V8TT, maybe they should just call it the modern day interpretation of the F40. I wasn't much for when Ferrari compared the F40 to the 599 during the launch of the latter Fcar.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So many things wrong in that article, like Maserati based V12? Ha, okay.

I for one would love a intercooled, twin-turbocharged V8.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
If it's a V8TT, maybe they should just call it the modern day interpretation of the F40. I wasn't much for when Ferrari compared the F40 to the 599 during the launch of the latter Fcar.
I agree with that. This car can/should be thought of like that:

Light, stripped (ie, no nav), focused, and with a 7xx hp TT V8 displacing 4-5 liters.

As far as comparing the 599 to the F40, I think they were only trying to make the point that the front-engined GT cruiser could equal (surpass?) the performance of THE supercar of only 20 years ago.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
This is good news indeed! I just hope Ferrari can make this car both beautiful and wild/exotic looking. In other words, nothing like the Enzo.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AceRothstein415 is an unknown quantity at this point
V12tt!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
This is good news indeed! I just hope Ferrari can make this car both beautiful and wild/exotic looking. In other words, nothing like the Enzo.
True. If Ferrari "downsizes" the flagship car to less than 2500 lbs and has an ultra-high revving small displacement (turbo) engine, then the days of bloated Lamborghinis and Aston Martins may be numbered.

Plus, if Ferrari moves in that direction for the next flagship, then Porsche will have to go lighter, as well. They can't take the fight to Ferrari with an evolution of the Carrera GT if Ferrari has done something revolutionary. And Ferrari will be able to do just that since their engineers probably won't be working on F1 cars next year...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
...since their engineers probably won't be working on F1 cars next year...
You know what I would like to see? A return of the old 250mph Groupe C LeMans racers from the Steve McQueen era. Only this time it would be Ferrari battling it out with Porsche, Audi, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc... That would rock. I almost hope Ferrari says goodbye to that Gimp Max Mosely and the rest of Formula 1...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Zeus
You know what I would like to see? A return of the old 250mph Groupe C LeMans racers from the Steve McQueen era. Only this time it would be Ferrari battling it out with Porsche, Audi, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc... That would rock. I almost hope Ferrari says goodbye to that Gimp Max Mosely and the rest of Formula 1...
Me, too.

But it will never happen. The Mulsanne straight is neutered because the FIA won't let tracks have straights over a certain length (can't remember specifically); 3+ miles is certainly too far.

International sports car racing that included the USA and Europe in one cohesive series would be amazing for fans. But maybe not for the money men.

Quick Reply: Rumormill: 2011 Ferrari Enzo Successor