Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Buying a Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
For a (currently) non-Ferrari owner, a Ferrari is a Ferrari is a Ferrari. Just different levels of giggle potential with each model.

Having said that, I'm close on a 599, but still have an eye out for a Cali. The 599 will get me in trouble faster...the Cali will get me in trouble without me realizing that I'm there.

Originally Posted by maxemus
^ Marc , you're saying the Cali is not a Ferrari?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
For a (currently) non-Ferrari owner, a Ferrari is a Ferrari is a Ferrari. Just different levels of giggle potential with each model.
Hmmm that's like saying a sportscar is a sportscar is a sportscar.

Not all Ferraris are created equal, only thing that connects them all together into that mythical red halo is the Ferrari Name.

Comparing a 599 GTO to a California is like comparing an SLS to an SLK, jmho; both are front-engined chassis' but everything else is so radically different.

I personally fall in the realm of belief (a very subjective one) that the California is geared towards a more feminine base because of its striking consideration of petite size, comfort, styling, California-wind-through-your-hair-weather practicality and very manageable power. Does that make it less of a Ferrari? Nope, but definitely doesn't drive with the rage a GTO does...that V12 is really something, my experience in the fxx version was even more mental.

And if the above belief was so insignificant you wouldn't see folks going out of their way to try to overcompensate...I've seen things from "mancali" plates to excessive "man-ifying" exterior enhancements or de-hancements, however you want to interpret it.

Both are great cars but each one is geared for very different things.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
My point was each Ferrari model carries more emotion in it than just about every other brand. I understand that there are distinct and somewhat drastic differences between the models, and have experienced and appreciate those differences. But they all draw a level of emotion (out of me) that no other brand does.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
I dunno if that helps u in any sense but after the california came out I talked to one of Auto Motor & Sport's top authors and test drivers - he's like a german Chris Harris - and I asked him whether the Cali is still a proper, real Ferrari and he said no, it's not. So, if u plan the step from a Porsche to a Ferrari then I guess u should get a real one. The Cali to me just is not like that and I believe a Carrera S or whatever allover is the better car.
This is also what I heard..by the way, the california is a lame duck..its for wifes and fat blokes..sorry for my language. I remember somewhere a test where the California was beaten on the tack by a 997.2S..

I agree, if Ferrari..better get the real one...and it second hand 458s are cheap also now..

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
^ Marc , you're saying the Cali is not a Ferrari?
I would by an SL63 and save alot of money, the Cali is ok, all I see driving it here are women that should answer that..

Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
599 is 599..