Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: For you, car review is:
Serious job that provides trustworthy information for potential buyers
50.00%
Entertainment stuff
50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Chris Harris goes after (bad) Ferrari...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Harris goes after (bad) Ferrari...

So guys, post your opinion or just vote.

First this:
How Ferrari spins

And later....this:

Old 09-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
He's more than made the point that he loves the product, but hates the company. What are you trying to get at with this thread?

Last edited by "The JC"; 09-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
He told that he loves product - yes. But also that company (Ferrari) delivers slower cars to their customers than it was presented on car reviews.
That is serious statement written by very popular car reviewer.

Later, he bought 599 & he is trying to tell us that he is surprised with car`s performance...

I want to hear other people thoughts, because to me this is odd situation.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
I think the poll is missing the option both.
It kind of really depends on your situation/wallet, if you are in the market for one of these things it can probably help to watch a few good reviews. Get a feeling for the car, what are some of the ups and downs and so on. Stuff that you might not find test driving it an afternoon.
However for the majority its pure entertainment, its seeing your dreams in action, getting an idea of how awesome it could be to own one of these cars. I guess thats why Top Gear is so popular. Because in the end, if you were in the market for one, you dont get a whole lot information about the cars from this show. I think if you are the market you are better of with one of the proper magazine reviews and these days of course all the forums we have.

Chris also never claimed Ferrari is making bad cars and now changed his mind. He was never saying that. It was about ferraris marketing and how they controlled every press release to the max. So I guess that just underlines his point, that they dont really need to do all that.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
Chris also never claimed Ferrari is making bad cars and now changed his mind. He was never saying that. It was about ferraris marketing and how they controlled every press release to the max. So I guess that just underlines his point, that they dont really need to do all that.
Exactamundo

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by "The JC"
He's more than made the point that he loves the product, but hates the company. What are you trying to get at with this thread?
Exactly we all know the story OP .

Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Member
430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by "the jc"
exactamundo
+1000 ;-)

Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Well i can gather information on my own for a purchase.
I want entertainment, but there needs to be some facts and figures involced..thats always fun.

Other than that i do not need to convinced by a journalist why i should buy a car.

All of the above goes for non printed media.

When it comes to serious car magazines..i actually like their input and figures that tell you how large the boot is and if you can flip the rear seats down.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see how this is controversial.

I feel exactly the same towards Ducati, to be honest. I loathe the company and would punch it in the nuts if I could, but I do love their bikes. So I still have the 1098. When the time comes to change it, I have no idea how I'm going to do better. Well, I do. It'd be a Streetfighter.

But yeah, nothing wrong differentiating a company from its products.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
I think the poll is missing the option both.
It kind of really depends on your situation/wallet, if you are in the market for one of these things it can probably help to watch a few good reviews. Get a feeling for the car, what are some of the ups and downs and so on. Stuff that you might not find test driving it an afternoon.
However for the majority its pure entertainment, its seeing your dreams in action, getting an idea of how awesome it could be to own one of these cars. I guess thats why Top Gear is so popular. Because in the end, if you were in the market for one, you dont get a whole lot information about the cars from this show. I think if you are the market you are better of with one of the proper magazine reviews and these days of course all the forums we have.

Couldn't say it better myself. I'm not in the market for a supercar, but I do watch reviews for just about every single supercar/exotic because it interests me.