Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Next 599 'to have 700bhp' - fastest, most powerful road car in Maranello’s history

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Maybe Ferrari are right to be cautious about the extensive use of CF in volume models though.

Has anybody thought what happens when a McL or Aventador is involved in an accident, even a small one?

Insurance company sends assessor who deals with Golfs all day long. Says the damaged tub can be repaired by XYZ composites shop. Factory disagrees - doesn't Lamborghini intend to send their own technicians out? Starts quoting product liability issues. Poor owner is left with paying himself or suing his insurance company.

Sound far fetched? Happened to me with a simple CF splitter on the SV. Cost chf 22k for a new one supplied and fitted which according to the factory was the only option they would sanction as it was an aero part and a repair could not be guaranteed not to fail at 300km/h+. Understandable. Insurance company not surprisingly found some outfit willing to do a repair for about 3k.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Had to do this.

Originally Posted by Steven997GT2
As long as it doesnt look like the FF Im sure it will be great!!
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
amen!!!!!
May I introduce everyone to Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

The FF looks amazing. Like the old school Bread Van.

And to stay on topic, the 599 was a beast. And it's only getting better from the start. The 599XX and the GTO. I can hardly wait.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Fro
Teamspeed Rookie
Fro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AndrewDinCH
Maybe Ferrari are right to be cautious about the extensive use of CF in volume models though.

Has anybody thought what happens when a McL or Aventador is involved in an accident, even a small one?

Insurance company sends assessor who deals with Golfs all day long. Says the damaged tub can be repaired by XYZ composites shop. Factory disagrees - doesn't Lamborghini intend to send their own technicians out? Starts quoting product liability issues. Poor owner is left with paying himself or suing his insurance company.

Sound far fetched? Happened to me with a simple CF splitter on the SV. Cost chf 22k for a new one supplied and fitted which according to the factory was the only option they would sanction as it was an aero part and a repair could not be guaranteed not to fail at 300km/h+. Understandable. Insurance company not surprisingly found some outfit willing to do a repair for about 3k.
This is Ferraris point to sticking with the aluminium chassis, according to the interviews I've read with the hot shots at Maranello. And as they say; we also don't know how the cars with a carbon tub will behave in 30 years. Ferrari say they want their cars to be usable and quite easily maintainted (easily for a exotic I guess ) in the future which I think is comendable.

However, this may turn out to be the wrong strategy ... but I don't think Ferrari would go down this road if they hadn't full confidence they could match McLaren and Lambo with their tubs. You have positives and negatives I guess, and I for one like that we see two different approches. That can only benefit all customers - cometition is good!

But the 599 replacement sounds awesome. I am also a little unsure sbout getting propper power delivery with 700 hp at the rears. However, if you look at the Veyron it has 800 hp at the rear, so it clearly is possible (yeah, I know the Veyron is heavier). Will be interting to see what Ferrari does and how thy succeed.

With the 458 Spyder, next Enzo and this we as fans can't complain about the future at least.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Good points both Andrew and Fro.

About getting the power on the road and your comparison to the Veyron I just want to add this. The Veyron has it's heaviest part, the engine, almost directly above the rear wheels. So it's not just heavier, it also has the weight better distributed to get power down on the rear wheels. Without computers I really do think the GTO and 599 predecessor are/will be extremely hard to handle, especially in not perfect conditions.

Any info on when we can expect this beast?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
CANNOT wait for this one!!!!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Fro
Teamspeed Rookie
Fro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ludas
Good points both Andrew and Fro.

About getting the power on the road and your comparison to the Veyron I just want to add this. The Veyron has it's heaviest part, the engine, almost directly above the rear wheels. So it's not just heavier, it also has the weight better distributed to get power down on the rear wheels. Without computers I really do think the GTO and 599 predecessor are/will be extremely hard to handle, especially in not perfect conditions.

Any info on when we can expect this beast?
They're saying sometime next year, which seems very logical looking at the 599 timeline. Can't wait to hear more about it! Geneva again? Or will that be saved for the Enzo as some have speculated.

Regarding the Veyron. Good point indeed! But the GTO actually has a 47-53 front to rear weight distribution, so it has most of its weight at the rear. So I don't know how much of it comes down to weight or other techniques. If you look at how the fat rear tyres are on the Veyron, I think that has something to do with it at least.

However, when we are discussing this here you can bet that the Ferrari engineers are aware of it. So let's hope they know what they're doing and make a kick-ass car!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
The veyron gets its power down through all four tires. Dunno why its being compared..

Also, this new car will have So many computers which will be tasked with putting power
down. And in time we will have better tires available too.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
They'll need to pull something very special out of the bag to beat the Lamborghini Aventador!

You got THAT right !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MONACO BODYGUARDS™
You got THAT right !!!!!!!!!!!!
From a performance/technology standpoint, if the 599 Replacement is to the 599 GTB what the 430 was to the 360, then people will be disappointed. The 599 Replacement will need to be awesome both inside and outside -- it will need to be a stunner like the 458!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
From a performance/technology standpoint, if the 599 Replacement is to the 599 GTB what the 430 was to the 360, then people will be disappointed. The 599 Replacement will need to be awesome both inside and outside -- it will need to be a stunner like the 458!

Noone was dissapointed when the 430 came out, on the contrary it was a huge success and a giant leap forwards for Ferrari.

Quick Reply: Next 599 'to have 700bhp' - fastest, most powerful road car in Maranello’s history