Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO

Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
those are some beautiful cars

Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Last night at Elysée Wednesday...

Last night at Elysée Wednesday we had a nice group which included Freda Payne who had the hit song Band of Gold. She told some great stories about Las Vegas, Frank Sinatra and meeting Marlon Brando in the green room of the Johnny Carson show.

Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Dino 246GTS (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1s2iHEL7vs

An excerpt from the EWTV Drive series, this time with Scott McClure's Dino 246GTS.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferrari 330GTS

I received an email from Michael Adams saying, "...don't forget to come over to see the best 330GTS ever. It's at home now." Two weeks earlier, Michael had invited us to take a drive in his immaculate Ferrari 275GTB which we did. He said he really wanted us to see the GTS which was elsewhere at the time. It had come home and thus the invitation for a return bout. Since Kenny Lombino of the Ferrari Club of America had made the introduction, I thought it was fitting and proper for him to join us. This time he left the Maserati at home and brought along his Ferrari 16M as a chase car.

I had driven a 275GTS many years ago and Michael's 330GTS seemed newer now than the 275GTS did then. Like his 275GTB, Michael's GTS seemed to be in showroom condition. The engine sounded like Ferraris of legend and it idled at high revs like a nervous Thoroughbred going into the starting gate. I've never experienced another engine that conveys as much excitement and anticipation as does the Ferrari V12.

Michael pointed out to me that the interior of the GTS and been re-done more than once and it was finally the handiwork of Tony Nancy that we see in these photographs.

It was a beautiful day for a ride and photographing this gorgeous car. While we were at it, Kenny treated my son Sean to a warp-speed experience in the 16M which doesn't accelerate so much as it moves instantly through space and time.

We were a skeleton crew for this EWTV shoot with Kenny Lombino, Sean Mitchell and Jeanetta Dumouchel handling cameras and chase cars and we want to thank Michael Adams for extending his invitation to us to enjoy this car that has a seven-figure market value and a provenance that is beyond price.

Attached Images           
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
That silver 275 GTB is absolutely IMMACULATE! One of my favorites

Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHWgSnUd8x0

Here are excerpts from my talk with Kenny Lombino about Ferraris, the Ferrari Club of America and Kenny's Ferrari 16M Scuderia spider.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Photograph of Enzo Ferrari at Monza

On September 5, 1970 at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza in Italy, I had the good fortune to meet Enzo Ferrari. We spoke in the paddock during Saturday practice for the Italian Grand Prix. As we talked about my Ferrari GTO, Juan Manuel Fangio joined us and listened politely. The full story can be read here.

Two days ago, I came across the photo posted below while searching for photographs to use in my book about GTO 3987. It immediately caught my attention. Posted on Photobucket (below is the link to the photograph as I found it.), the picture is labelled '1970-Enzo_Bertet ACi-Monza'. The photo was taken on the same day and at the same place--in the paddock at Monza--where I had my encounter with Enzo Ferrari. It is conceivable that the photo was taken within a few minutes of that meeting. I contacted the gentleman who posted the photo--I've been following his blog for many months as it turns out--but he did not know who took the photograph or who might hold the copyright (as it is not watermarked).

I would like very much to find the photographer or copyright holder for two reasons: The first being that I would like to obtain permission to use the photograph in my book; the second being to ask if he/she might have taken a picture of Enzo Ferrari and Juan Manuel Fangio talking with a kid from California on that day. It would be too miraculous, but I have to ask.

Should anyone know the photographer or how to track down its copyright holder, I would be much obliged.

Enzo ferrari 1970 image by bouboum on Photobucket

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferrari 330GTS (video)

Ferrari 330GTS - YouTube

We go for a drive in Michael Adam's Ferrari 330GTS. Kenny Lombino's Ferrari 16M Scuderia is the chase car. A Ferrari 599 also makes an appearance.

Last edited by krasnavian; 02-09-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Elysée Wednesday tonight--You either have one or love someone who does...

Elysée Wednesday tonight--You either have one or love someone who does...

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 8 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about midnight at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Drive!

Drive! (Teaser) - YouTube

This is the quick tease for my TV series Drive!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO