Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Breaking News: Ferrari's new 599 GTO in advance of Beijing show debut!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Am I the only one who doesn't like this car?

It's a tinseled up 599. Talk of comparing it to a CGT which is 7 years old is playing silly buggers. As is comparing it to the 250 and the 288 which they do.

And are they building 599 of these? that is way to many.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I'd take a CGT. Wouldn't want to DD either of them. Yes more options for the 599 and its the new thing and rarer, but to many it's just a 599 (so total > CGT) and in reality it's a hyped up version. I'll take the special bespoke CGT. Maybe save a little more and get a Scud on the side for the perfect pair. I COULD DD a Scud.
Do love the GTO, though.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I agree I would rather have a CGT, but I wouldn't go making it seem like a 599, especially the GTO is not bespoke. For porsche, since they produce mostly mass production cars like the 911, the CGT was definitely bespoke. But you have to think differently when you think of ferrari, they are all low production special cars (v12 ones). The production development and the nature that they make the cars ensure that this is the case. Yes the CGT is an engineering marvel, but that type of thinking is more the norm for a company like ferrari, whereas it is more the exception for porsche (road cars). With the GTO, that is taking a rare exotic and putting it on steroids. But that doesn't mean oh they just improved the stats, it is the fastest road production ferrari car EVER; that is quite a statement. This is a truly special car, indeed.

That being said, I would take a CGT without hesitation. For me I like the looks, the sounds, and the fact that it is a 6sp F1 car. But you can't deny the GTO its glory.

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 04-19-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ I agree. I mean no ill for the GTO, it is marvelous! But the CGT is still tops for me.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to Chris Harris getting his hands on one!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
^ Should be a great review

Old 04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud of
Hands down my now favorite modern Ferrari to date. just DAMN....

Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Looking forward to Chris Harris getting his hands on one!
i could picture the drifts now!

Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
maqk is an unknown quantity at this point
wow what a ride that would be - record breaking FERRARI - what a car