Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ferrari California will be offered with a Manual Gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Get one. The California would be a perfect 2 person household daily. They really fly under the radar and aren't noticed a ton.
If I had the money I would consider it. I don't think I'll be upgrading cars for quite some time.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
DCT is still the prefered transmission. I don't think many will be sold with manual.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
DCT is still the prefered transmission. I don't think many will be sold with manual.
Agreed. I am glad they offer it, but I am sure it will make up a tiny fraction of builds.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Agreed. I am glad they offer it, but I am sure it will make up a tiny fraction of builds.
weren't 6 speeds only like 5% of the 430 and 360 population as well? I actually think this is the first modern day Ferrari that a 6 speed fits. The 599, 430/360 combo were built based on quick same with the 458. Get power down to the ground as fast as possible and get through the gears. The Cali was built as a cruiser and although it's speed is faster than most Ferrari's a 6 speed fits PERFECT.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
weren't 6 speeds only like 5% of the 430 and 360 population as well? I actually think this is the first modern day Ferrari that a 6 speed fits. The 599, 430/360 combo were built based on quick same with the 458. Get power down to the ground as fast as possible and get through the gears. The Cali was built as a cruiser and although it's speed is faster than most Ferrari's a 6 speed fits PERFECT.
I don't have an official figure, but have read a range of less than 1% to 2% of 430s were ordered with 6sp manuals. I do understand where Ferrari is coming from, in somewhat insisting that these cars need F1 or DCT to extract the most performance. I love shifting myself, but speed is speed.

I also agree that a 6sp manual fits in a cruiser like the California, but remember *most* people buying Californias are in the same market as SL65, Bentley GTC, and would probably even enjoy an automatic. The California is a car they can enjoy whereas the 430 may be too brute for them. Many people I have spoken to about our Californias don't (or don't care to) know what a DCT is. Or how many ratios it has.

Either way I am happy to hear Ferrari will offer the manual, because it will make the California much more involving and grab some enthusiasts...a great performing cruiser (that sounds tits). Hopefully they have some handling package in the future to tighten up the car as well. I think they will become collectible in the future, as it may be the last of the metal gates...

A good move on their part!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
uhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enough
Does anybody know if this still applies because I called Ferrari about this and they told me that due to low demand they stopped bringing them to North America. I am sure if I pushed hard enough I could get one ordered but just curious to know more. This would be a perfect ride!