Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ferrari California will be offered with a Manual Gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Well, since the California is the first V8 front engine Ferrari, I thought the flappy pedals fit it rather well. It is more of a GT than something you bang around in the corners.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I've always liked the California the gear box they have is insane fast. Smooth and quick. This Manual does add some character for sure it will sure slow the car down though. Still doesn't change the fact my wife can barely see over the steering wheel. Smart move by Ferrari to muster some more interest in their newest products.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
They should keep manufacturing 430s and scuds but make them 6spd only.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
They should keep manufacturing 430s and scuds but make them 6spd only.
so you'd sacrifice speed for the use of a stick? I know people like to shift their cars and all but All car manufactures are up against 1 thing. Making the fastest most efficient cars they can. The 6 speed manual is the exact opposite of that. I don't care how good people think they are with a stick the new F1's are STUPID fast. No one can shift that fast.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Whoopie, it still looks like a Solara!
haha....Mr. Negative!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
so you'd sacrifice speed for the use of a stick? I know people like to shift their cars and all but All car manufactures are up against 1 thing. Making the fastest most efficient cars they can. The 6 speed manual is the exact opposite of that. I don't care how good people think they are with a stick the new F1's are STUPID fast. No one can shift that fast.
I like when my DD drives itself (I personally use my paddles on a regular basis), but I'd rather have a 6MT weekend car that shifts something on the order of milliseconds slower than your F1/paddle car..

So yes, I would sacrifice speed for the use of a stick.

Last edited by STLG; 03-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Rolex Fanboy
I like when my DD drives itself (I personally use my paddles on a regular basis), but I'd rather have a 6MT weekend car that shifts something on the order of milliseconds slower than your F1/paddle car..

So yes, I would sacrifice speed for the use of a stick.
What happened to the part of your post that said it was 1/2 second slower to 60 with manual 3.5 seconds to 4 seconds. That is considerably slower. I do understand your desire to shift. That's why I love my gt3

Old 03-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by h20skier
What happened to the part of your post that said it was 1/2 second slower to 60 with manual 3.5 seconds to 4 seconds. That is considerably slower. I do understand your desire to shift. That's why I love my gt3
I took it out because I realized it was unrealistic - at least, I think that it would be an unrealistic situation. However, If somehow a 6MT ended up being 12.5% slower than another transmission, I would still rather have the 6MT, assuming it wasn't my DD.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Rolex Fanboy
I took it out because I realized it was unrealistic - at least, I think that it would be an unrealistic situation. However, If somehow a 6MT ended up being 12.5% slower than another transmission, I would still rather have the 6MT, assuming it wasn't my DD.

Get one. The California would be a perfect 2 person household daily. They really fly under the radar and aren't noticed a ton.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
A little faith restored in the brand for me now. I had almost given up on them completely after they announced it would no longer be an option on their cars.

Quick Reply: The Ferrari California will be offered with a Manual Gearbox