Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Should I trade my 599 for the 16M?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Saudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond repute
I got both cars, 16M is way fun than the 599

Old 09-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should trade in your 599 for the 16M. You can't beat the exhaust sound of the 16M

Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I am getting old, dang how many times am I posting this today, but Ferrari's V12 GTs have always been on the top of my list of most desirable cars. I am sure the M16 is more exclusive and maybe for the right person more fun to drive, not for me, I cannot imagine enjoying anything more than driving a Ferrari V12. I am sure you can built whatever P-car to match the driving experience of the M16 (maybe sacriledge to the Ferarrista). Sorry but a 599 is such a classic GT car and you will take a big hit for just 2,700 miles.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Maybe I am getting old, dang how many times am I posting this today, but Ferrari's V12 GTs have always been on the top of my list of most desirable cars. I am sure the M16 is more exclusive and maybe for the right person more fun to drive, not for me, I cannot imagine enjoying anything more than driving a Ferrari V12. I am sure you can built whatever P-car to match the driving experience of the M16 (maybe sacriledge to the Ferarrista). Sorry but a 599 is such a classic GT car and you will take a big hit for just 2,700 miles.
Exactly my sentiments, just expressed differently. The 599 is a seminal car and will be regarded highly like the 250/275 GTs and the Daytona.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
458 Italia is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with the 16M. But be prepared to take a beating on your wallet!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
The trade in value of a 599 will be a huge hit to take. In the long run, 16M's will hold value much better than a 599.

Slightly more than a 100 16M's made it to the USA...they "should" hold their value better than most comparable Ferraris over the next few years.

Now, drive a 16M and that whole argument becomes a moot point...its one of those cars you buy and keep (and forget about what its worth)

Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Probably, yes

Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
swordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the 599.

I'm thinking of doing the opposite...trading in my scud for the 599.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swordsman
Keep the 599.

I'm thinking of doing the opposite...trading in my scud for the 599.
Why?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
As much as i love the 16M and i really do love it i would keep the 599. In regard to trading the GT2 for the 16M i think is a much wiser decision

Quick Reply: Should I trade my 599 for the 16M?