Notices
Diablo | Countach The Modern Day Classic Lamborghini Discussion Forum.

Any left?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Any left?

So here is some food for thought and I would love some feedback and others thoughts.

In the last 1/4 of last year just about EVERY car we sold went out of the country. Now to make this clear, I am speaking of the older Lambos and the like, not the mass re-production cars as the Gallardo or the Murcie. So for January 2012 we sold 14 cars and the trend is still there.

One new outlet seems to be Australia for some of our Muscel cars, sent the 1967 Corvette there as well as a 1965 Malibu. As a lot of you know, I had three LM002 trucks, ALL have sold this month and ALL have left the country. As of this AM we sold our 1989 Anniv Countach, it as WELL is headed out of the Country.

So, I see one of two things here..

1) Will there be any CARS, good ones, left for the USA market...of course there will, but the amount and selection is being depleted. I really dont think you will see these cars coming back to the USA in any time soon.

2) Do you think or see this as a factor in the rise in prices of the remaing cars here in the USA. Is this maybe a back-handed gift to the owners or sellers of the cars remaing. It would seem to me it is ONLY a good factor of supply and demand and pricing structure. After all if there are less say LM trucks in the USA, it would only seem to make sense the remaining units increase in value?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wow, this is interesting, Roy. And terrible news (to me anyway, heh). :\

I really wonder what's going on.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Same thing is happening to the UK car market. There are less than 10x Gallardo SL's left over there.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Roy where are they going? Middle east? China?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I see less Lambos as a good thing for the US

Weak US dollar makes it easier to snatch our stuff up. Sad but true.

I know a beautiful Yellow CGT just left our shores as well this past month from the NW.

Roy you are correct. Less cars increases demand and should drive up cost. When the economy turns that is.

It's sad to see Diablos go. They are cool cars.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
So here is some food for thought and I would love some feedback and others thoughts.

In the last 1/4 of last year just about EVERY car we sold went out of the country. Now to make this clear, I am speaking of the older Lambos and the like, not the mass re-production cars as the Gallardo or the Murcie. So for January 2012 we sold 14 cars and the trend is still there.
\
Unless the US lets us bring in cars its going to get worse. I have a buyer on my 61 Cadillac in Holland. The last three Hot Rods that I built ended up out of the county as well.

I have a serious desire for a Morgan Aero 8. There are I think two/three for sale in the states right now. None in the right colors. If I could import one easily it would take me a week to find the right colors and options overseas at a decent price.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The other economies are gettin stronger, people richer and they are buying their dream cars. And we have a nice selection of cars.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Take my opinion for what you will as it's not the most informed but here goes.

Right now, as some have said, our economy is not doing as well as others' and they can snatch up cars for much cheaper than national buyers can.

For a few more years into the future, we will not see these cars returning to our shores due to very strict laws concerning vehicles in the U.S.

That being said, when we see the 25 year mark roll around for vehicles like these (when they become exempt to such laws) you may see a turn around in the number of cars that make their way back into the states considering their status according DOT regulations (or whoever is in charge of vehicular decisions in the U.S, I can't remember at the moment).

Cliff notes: Our special vehicles are getting cheaper for other countries, our economy is not where it needs to be to maintain these markets and cars within the country, within a decade you will see this change and your business grow because of it.

I sincerely hope that we experience a turn around in the near future as, even though this is a very exclusive market, it's still an important one for many.

Edit: Did h2o say something positive about a Lamborghini?

Last edited by Scootypuff Jr.; 03-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.