Notices
Diablo | Countach The Modern Day Classic Lamborghini Discussion Forum.

1985 Lamborghini Jalpa

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by switchcars
In one sense you are quite right.....although the 328 is actually more appreciated in the Ferrari market than the Jalpa is in the Lambo market. The 308/328 are iconic Ferraris that everyone knows about and wants as their first one. The Jalpa is an under-appreciated, unknown car that most people don't get.

However....the interesting part to all of this is that the Jalpa drives way better than its big-boy brother, the Countach, and drives WAY better than a 308 or 328. No disrespect meant to those Ferraris, but I had a 308, and it drove like a truck on worn-out leaf springs that was firing on 3 cylinders. The Jalpa is an easy, pleasurable car to drive, it actually has some room on the inside, and is one of the more reliable old Italian cars. Not to mention the a/c blows colder than a Siberian breeze.....good luck finding a 328 that does that
Thanks for the detail and response. I too agree that this car is under-appreciated. I know it does not mean to Lambo owners what the 308/328 mean to F guys. Then again, Lambo owners have not really been into any of the classic ones.

I have learned that the Jalpa was a very reliable car, especially when compared to other Italians. However, wouldn't the Countach be more fun with all the extra power on tap? It did feel very roomy inside the one I was in, especially when I compared the comfort to the Countach.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hernando

I have learned that the Jalpa was a very reliable car, especially when compared to other Italians. However, wouldn't the Countach be more fun with all the extra power on tap?
I don't think so...the Countach is a rough car to drive around town, let alone live with. The Jalpa literally could be a daily driver. It is underpowered, but there are some pretty easy mods to up the power and make it more fun.

It really depends on what for....the Countach is great for open roads and a few weekend drives....the Jalpa is the vintage equivalent of the Gallardo....use it all the time.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
The Jalpa is definitely more driveable than the Countach, as for being more fun... not soo much

Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by allanlambo
The Jalpa is definitely more driveable than the Countach, as for being more fun... not soo much
Correct. What I meant when I said "more fun" is more fun relative to stock....not relative to the Countach.

Enzo is more fun than a F430....but which would you rather have for a fun-around sports car? Actually....don't answer that. If I had the cheese to have an Enzo I would put 20k per year on it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by switchcars
Correct. What I meant when I said "more fun" is more fun relative to stock....not relative to the Countach.

Enzo is more fun than a F430....but which would you rather have for a fun-around sports car? Actually....don't answer that. If I had the cheese to have an Enzo I would put 20k per year on it.
Me too! Ive actually benn thinking about getting a Jalpa and modding it abit.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I saw this Jalpa the other day for sale in Ft. Lauderdale.
Name:  IMG_0914.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  186.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0915.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  196.4 KB

Old 07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Hernando
I saw this Jalpa the other day for sale in Ft. Lauderdale.
Attachment 50422

Attachment 50423
I was in Florida last week and saw it too.. Kinda beat

Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i really love th Jalpa, i love this white/white so 80s lol