Notices
Diablo | Countach The Modern Day Classic Lamborghini Discussion Forum.

The Lamborghini Countach picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice

Attached Images           
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
last ones

Attached Images   
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
farfinator is an unknown quantity at this point
Check off the Bucket List

For over 20 years I (like most of you) have admired, dreamed, drooled, fantasized... over this amazing car. What I wouldn't do to have/drive one!? What an experience! it would be.

Last month it happened. One came into the shop for major service. My boss paged me to his office and tossed me the keys and said, here you deserve it! I almost could not contain myself. I warily ventured out to the lot. With jittery hands fumbled to get the door open and sat inside in complete awe and unbridled anticipation. I carefully adjusted the mirrors, struggled to figure out how the hell to adjust the damn seat and got myself settled. The moment had arrived. The dream a soon reality. With the clutch carefully depressed and a death grip on the wheel, I jockeyed the shifter to be certain she was in neutral and fired her up! Oh! the joy!

After a few glorious blips of the throttle, I was ready. A brief search for reverse ensued, and I was ready to back her up and take her out.
What the F*#K! You can't see S#!t out of this thing! The good damn rear glass is skinnier than the crack of my ass! OK, OK, Here we go, moving forward now. Jesus Christ! I need smaller shoes, I can't get my frigging sneakers past one another in this narrow ass cockpit, damn near missed the shift to second! How the heck are you supposed to work these darn pedals when they are offset into the passenger's compartment nearly 30 degrees. You have to be a contortionist! STOP!........Search for interior door release. Got it....Drawing attention now. Take off friggin' sneakers. Swing legs back in. Herniate lower lumbar on the twist and reach to grab the door. Back in the saddle-Carefully try and confirm no oncoming traffic. Try and roll down the window-HA HA HA-Window-yeah right! OK, now we are in motion. Right to stop. Left to Stop.

ON RAMP!!!!!!! OH YEAH! Alright I admit. This was a complete blast! Everything I hoped. (Except I wish I could have had shoes on-A bit odd) Got off the highway. Stopped for gas. (Best part) Took 20 minutes to get out of the station. Every cell phone camera in the vicinity was going off!

Summary review: She was better left a fantasy, but a heck of alot of fun to be seen in.

Last edited by farfinator; 12-31-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by farfinator
For over 20 years I (like most of you) have admired, dreamed, drooled, fantasized... over this amazing car. What I wouldn't doo to have/drive one!? What an experience! it would be.

Last month it happened. One came into the shop for major service. My boss paged me to his office and tossed me the keys and said, here you deserve it! I almost could not contain myself. I warily ventured out to the lot. With jittery hands fumbled to get the door open and sat inside in complete awe and unbridled anticipation. I carefully adjusted the mirrors, struggled to figure out how the hell to adjust the damn seat and got myself settled. The moment had arrived. The dream a soon reality. With the clutch carefully depressed and a death grip on the wheel, I jockeyed the shifter to be certain she was in neutral and fired her up! Oh! the joy!

After a few glorious blips of the throttle, I was ready. A brief search for reverse ensued, and I was ready to back her up and take her out.
What the F*#K! You can't see S#!t out of this thing! The good damn rear glass is skinnier than the crack of my ass! OK, OK, Here we go, moving forward now. Jesus Christ! I need smaller shoes, I can't get my frigging sneakers past one another in this narrow ass cockpit, damn near missed the shift to second! How the heck are you supposed to work these darn pedals when they are offset into the passenger's compartment nearly 30 degrees. You have to be a contortionist! STOP!........Search for interior door release. Got it....Drawing attention now. Take off friggin' sneakers. Swing legs back in. Herniate lower lumbar on the twist and reach to grab the door. Back in the saddle-Carefully try and confirm no oncoming traffic. Try and roll down the window-HA HA HA-Window-yeah right! OK, now we are in motion. Right to stop. Left to Stop.

ON RAMP!!!!!!! OH YEAH! Alright I admit. This was a complete blast! Everything I hoped. (Except I wish I could have had shoes on-A bit odd) Got off the highway. Stopped for gas. (Best part) Took 20 minutes to get out of the station. Every cell phone camera in the vicinity was going off!

Summary review: She was better left a fantasy, but a heck of alot of fun to be seen in.
Owned one for years... I'm 6ft tall, 180lbs... Visibility, of course is not like a normal car, but you get used to it and in no time and all I could fly around in and out of traffic just as I would in a Toyota camry.. The pedals are close together, I would just always wear driving shoes.. Comfort was fine once you were in, and I drove the car on several long trips, including when I bought it and drove from Kansas to South Florida.. As you own the car, you get used to its nuamces and appreciate the car for what it is... An automotive icon which is great fun to drive on open roads.. I sold the car, and have probably owned 30 exotics since. It is the only car I cant wait to buy again.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Merged the threads didn't realize there were 2!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
https://teamspeed.com/forums/attachm...mg_2076-2-.jpg

Whats the story on the air vents? Never seen them before...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member

Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
The carbon fiber Experimentale Evoluzione.

ENGINE
Type LP 112 D 60° V12, light-alloy block
with pressed-in liners,
mid mounted (longitudally),
rear wheel drive, DOHC per bank
Valves 4 per cylinder
Bore/Stroke 85.5mm x 75mm
Capacity 5,167cc
Carburation 6 Twin-throat Webers
44 DCNF
Fuel Pumps 6 Twin Electric Bendix Pumps
Max power 490bhp @ 7,500rpm
Compression 9.5:1
Main Bearings 7
Ignition Contactless electronic with
Marelli coil and distributor
Electrical 12 Volt
Lubrication Wet Sump

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox ZF five-speed + reverse manual,
all-synchromesh driving to a
limited-slip differential
Clutch Single dry plate
hydraulically operated, 250mm diameter

STRUCTURE
Chassis Composite
Body Carbon fibre central structure,
reinforced honeycomb panels,
double front and rear frame
Builder Lamborghini
Suspension All-wheel Independent,
coil springs and telescopic shock absorbers,
triangulated transverse levers,
sway/anti-roll bars
Front Coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers
Rear Twin coils over shocker units,
trailing arms, transverse links
and sway/anti-roll bars
Brakes All-wheel ventilated disc brakes,
vacuum assisted, single servo, twin circuit
Steering Unassisted rack and pinion
Wheels Light alloy OZ-Wheels, covered
with Carbon Fibre Discs
Front 8.5x15
Rear 12x15
Front Tires 225/50 VR 15 Pirelli P7F
Rear Tires 345/35 VR 15 Pirelli P7F

MEASUREMENTS
Overall Length 4140 mm / 163 in
Overall Width 2000 mm / 78.7 in
Overall Height 1070 mm / 42 in
Wheelbase 2500 mm / 98.4 in
Front Overhang 933 mm / 36.7 in
Rear Overhang 757 mm / 29.8 in
Front Track 1536 mm / 60.4 in
Rear Track 1606 mm / 63.2 in
Ground Clearance 125 mm / 5 in
Weight 980 kg / 2160 lbs other source report 1.100 kg

PERFORMANCE
Top speed 330 Km/h / 205 mph
0-100 Km/h 4.2 sec

Evo magazine (Issue 150) had a pic of this car with the designers standing next to it, one of which was Horacio Pagani as a young boy (he was prob in his 20's but looked about 15 in the pic). My wife has since cleaned out the magazine bin of my old issues and I cannot find that pic anywhere!

Update: Added a few more pics I found. If anyone has the pic with the portrait including the designers please post it up!

Last edited by Smoky; 01-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoky
The carbon fiber Experimentale Evoluzione.

ENGINE
Type LP 112 D 60° V12, light-alloy block
with pressed-in liners,
mid mounted (longitudally),
rear wheel drive, DOHC per bank
Valves 4 per cylinder
Bore/Stroke 85.5mm x 75mm
Capacity 5,167cc
Carburation 6 Twin-throat Webers
44 DCNF
Fuel Pumps 6 Twin Electric Bendix Pumps
Max power 490bhp @ 7,500rpm
Compression 9.5:1
Main Bearings 7
Ignition Contactless electronic with
Marelli coil and distributor
Electrical 12 Volt
Lubrication Wet Sump

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox ZF five-speed + reverse manual,
all-synchromesh driving to a
limited-slip differential
Clutch Single dry plate
hydraulically operated, 250mm diameter

STRUCTURE
Chassis Composite
Body Carbon fibre central structure,
reinforced honeycomb panels,
double front and rear frame
Builder Lamborghini
Suspension All-wheel Independent,
coil springs and telescopic shock absorbers,
triangulated transverse levers,
sway/anti-roll bars
Front Coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers
Rear Twin coils over shocker units,
trailing arms, transverse links
and sway/anti-roll bars
Brakes All-wheel ventilated disc brakes,
vacuum assisted, single servo, twin circuit
Steering Unassisted rack and pinion
Wheels Light alloy OZ-Wheels, covered
with Carbon Fibre Discs
Front 8.5x15
Rear 12x15
Front Tires 225/50 VR 15 Pirelli P7F
Rear Tires 345/35 VR 15 Pirelli P7F

MEASUREMENTS
Overall Length 4140 mm / 163 in
Overall Width 2000 mm / 78.7 in
Overall Height 1070 mm / 42 in
Wheelbase 2500 mm / 98.4 in
Front Overhang 933 mm / 36.7 in
Rear Overhang 757 mm / 29.8 in
Front Track 1536 mm / 60.4 in
Rear Track 1606 mm / 63.2 in
Ground Clearance 125 mm / 5 in
Weight 980 kg / 2160 lbs other source report 1.100 kg

PERFORMANCE
Top speed 330 Km/h / 205 mph
0-100 Km/h 4.2 sec

Evo magazine (Issue 150) had a pic of this car with the designers standing next to it, one of which was Horacio Pagani as a young boy (he was prob in his 20's but looked about 15 in the pic). My wife has since cleaned out the magazine bin of my old issues and I cannot find that pic anywhere!
Half those pics are NOT of the Evoluzione.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: The Lamborghini Countach picture Thread!