Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Full Write Up, 1966 Pontiac Lemans Show Car, Fully Sanded and Polish

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JoshVette is an unknown quantity at this point
Full Write Up, 1966 Pontiac Lemans Show Car, Fully Sanded and Polish

I rarely ever post up and brag about my own work, but I thought this was worth reading. check it out.

This is a very lengthy, thorough and detailed write up of the exact process, steps and techniques I performed on a 66 Lemans that was fully color sanded and polished out to perfection.

If anyone is curious what it takes to paint and perfect a car, this is what you want to read.

Lots of information for the DIY's as well as the pro's.

Please understand why I posted a link and did not rewrite the entire documentation as it took me over 5 hours just to do the write up.

Thanks and enjoy,
Josh

1966 Pontiac Lemans Show Car, Full Sanding and Polishing - Autopia.org

Last edited by JoshVette; 07-28-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Saw this over on Autopia... awesome work!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hey thanks again.

I thought I'd post it up on a couple forums so people could get an idea of what it really takes to make a car perfect.

Josh

Old 07-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
J_Edwards is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously impressive work Josh.

Glad to see that you were able to find a good combo that would work for those conditions.

So what was your overall opinion of the Gloss It stuff? I remember when I talked to you that you said you were going to give it a workout, how do you think that it faired against the standbys like 105 and PG?

Good work again man, let me know if you run into any issues with that CGT.

Jon

Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by J_Edwards
Seriously impressive work Josh.

Glad to see that you were able to find a good combo that would work for those conditions.

So what was your overall opinion of the Gloss It stuff? I remember when I talked to you that you said you were going to give it a workout, how do you think that it faired against the standbys like 105 and PG?

Good work again man, let me know if you run into any issues with that CGT.

Jon

Jon, thanks, to be fair I think I should really play around with it a bit more before I give an official opinion. But for my first experience, I'd say it has a little bite but doesn't finish down well.

After some playing around I may get it to finish down better, we'll see.

Also to note their compounds/polishes are extremely watery, kind of like Zaino ZPC watery, not like the compounds I'm used to that are thick and pasty so I'll have to relearn my technique for the Gloss It polishes in order to get them to work better.

I was using them with a rotary and I really get the impression from their website that they are designed for cyclo and DA's..... but I could be wrong.

Josh