Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Jaguar intense paint correction

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
Jaguar intense paint correction

The owner contacted me and said he saw some pics of a NSX I did some correction on and wanted me to clean up his Jaguar. He indicated that it had scratches, but once seeing some pictures of the hood via a camera phone I saw something more. The hood and roof were plastered with water spots and an insane amount of acid rain etching.

I tried to give him a consultation once I met up with him but he said he didn't care, he wanted me to take care of it. I shrugged and got to it. I did a test spot on the hood for my own sake and to be able to give him an accurate price after he left for work and got to it.

This job took a total of 48 hours to complete.

Before starting I took a few shots. It was very low sunlight so I had to make due with a flood light to capture some of what was there.

Before washing the body work, I cleaned all the rubber and plastic bits with 1z Einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner.

Pre-rinsed and foamed with house blend pre-treat.

Rinsed house blend pre-treat off.

Washed with house blend shampoo.

Doing my thing on those little areas.

After claying small portions of the car. Went through a full bar of clay over the whole car.

Some of the worse areas:

The roof saw a number of passes to get these results. The owner was made aware that some of the acid rain spots and a few of the scratches on the car were too deep to remove without wet sanding. He was down for some minor spot treatment on the roof and the full hood.

Roof:

Before

After

Hood:

By far, the worse off part of the car.

After working it over with a number of products, machines, pads and methods, I realized that wet sanding it was going to be the most cost effective and quickest way to get the results.

This was after a pass and alcohol wipedown. This just goes to show how one can be fooled if you don't clean it up with alcohol. It took a number of passes and wipedowns to get it cleaned up properly.

To give an idea about how bad the acid etching was here is a picture of the edge of the hood. The edge was not sanded but time was spent to clean it up. These marks were probably the shallowest ones on the hood. The left side was the fender prior to being worked on.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
*all buffer trails were fixed during the polishing process*

Befores:

Afters:

Befores:

Afters:

Befores:

Afters:

The finale:

Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DeuceRooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Fantastic attention to detail! Looks great!