Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

1988 35th Anniversary Edition Corvette Extensive Paint Correction

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
1988 35th Anniversary Edition Corvette Extensive Paint Correction

1988 35th Anniversary edition Vette Z01 package. Limited production car (2,050 made) This car was made only in white as a tribute to the 1953 Corvettes which were only produced in with white exteriors.

This car is not regularly driven and has sat for a quite while. Issues included a lackluster paint finish, water etch marks, slight oxidation and some yellowed plastic body panels (front/rear bumper).

Goal was to correct the paint best as possible where allowed....

Starting point...

Paint:

Roof:

Correction was carried out with the following:

M105 w/ Wool pad via rotary
D300 w/ MF cutting disc
Menzerna P203s
Menzerna PO85rd

Correction shots: Just a warning if your not into "50/50" shots than you can just hit return on your browser now, this thread isnt for you.

Hood after a test spot...

Hood: left side corrected
right side uncorrected

Closeup...

Before:

After compoudning and polishing stages:

Roof before under natural garage lighting...

After under same lighting, all haze and swirls removed...

Over 600+ Lumens worth of LED light...

and then under halogens...

Front and read bumper corrected up fine but some of the yellowing remained...

Tires had old dressing caked in and flashed off, after some further cleaning a fresh rubber surface was left for new dressing to be applied:

Interior treated

Finished photos...

In total about 34hrs. invested

Thanks for reading!

All the best,

Dave

Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Check out the Triple White Guidness. I remember when these first hit the streets, I was a junior in high school.

Great job J.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:03 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I love that Joe still has this car!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I love that Joe still has this car!
LOL... I don't know if I will ever sell this car.

It looks great now that Dave is done with it!!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man. That takes me back. Cool car to have JP.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DeuceRooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Great work.....guy a few blocks down from me has one of these and it's in really rough shape. Sad to see a rare car not taken care of. Great job on this one!