Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Ask Moe

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 02-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Need to see a picture.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I'll run and get one right now, thanks!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie

I think it may be a little tougher to make out in the pics than in person, but hopefully those will do! :[ The streak on top is right along the arm rest of the door and the one on the bottom is along the bottom pocket. There's also a tiny scratch there too, but I doubt anything can be done about that.

Last edited by jg123; 02-14-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I can't quite make out where the streak is. But it simply sounds like you need to condition the area since you wiped it down with water. What I'd recommend is to clean it with Autoglym Interior Cleaner and then condition using einszett Leather Care or Zymol Treat. If this method doesn't work, simply return the products. I'm very confident it will work.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
This little guy helped me clean my car but the wheels still need some work.

I have a polished lip on my wheels and I need to clean them. What products/methods would you suggest besides just soap and water. Also, is it safe to use a toothbrush to get into the crevices where the spokes meet the lip? TIA

Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ATL
This little guy helped me clean my car but the wheels still need some work.

I have a polished lip on my wheels and I need to clean them. What products/methods would you suggest besides just soap and water. Also, is it safe to use a toothbrush to get into the crevices where the spokes meet the lip? TIA

No toothbrush......please!! The nylon bristles will actually scratch the soft polished wheels.

You need to use a soft wheel brush like the zymol or swissvax brush to first clean the wheels. Try to use a safe pH balanced wheel cleaner like P21S Wheel Cleaner, Zymol Wheel Cleaner, or Swissvax Wheel Cleaner.

Depending on how bad they are, you can do an initial polish with Menzerna Super Finish, 106FA. It's a polish designed for paint, but I use it on chrome and polished metals to clean and bring back the lustre.

Once you've polished the wheels, use Zymol Metall to further bring out the shine. This is what I do on all the higher-end details.

You can also do the steps mentioned above to clean tail pipes that are chrome or polished. Just subtitute P21S Total Auto Wash for the wheel cleaners mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
T-Shirts and Caps

To those that have had their questions answered, I'm finally going to get those T-Shirts and Caps made that I promised. Sorry it's taken so long. I forgot about the project and will let you guys know once they're complete.

Keep the questions coming. This forum is about you and your comments and questions keep the wheels moving.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Rep for you Moe, thanks for the advice!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ATL
Rep for you Moe, thanks for the advice!
You're welcome. Glad I could help.