Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2011 Aston Martin Carbon Black Edition DB9

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lucci Elite Detail
If that was directed towards me, I asked him a simple question I don't believe I asked you anything but thanks for your ignorant input. As a detailer I'm supportive of everyones work and am always looking for new products to try.

Well Jimmy seeing as you are the Master of the Obvious it's quite obvious how well that GI signature detail class hasn't worked for you.

You claim to be a professional detailer but yet you are on here asking for tips?

You will never see me asking how to do something as I take the initiative and figure things out on my own by trial and error. Try it sometime you may find it more rewarding when you learn something on your own.

When you just ask for the answers it reminds me of the guy on the corner with the cardboard sign begging for money/food or both while he has no disability and is capable of working but instead he tries to go the easy route by looking for a handout.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol your picking a fight with another member.. Classic. Anyone from this forum even use you carbone?

Last edited by gmaccormack; 07-21-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was an innocent enough question.

I agree that searching around on your own and trial & error should usually be the first steps before asking questions, but it could get pretty expensive trying out dozens of products on wheels. I, for one, am not rich and would have greatly appreciated any suggestions.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Lucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Well Jimmy seeing as you are the Master of the Obvious it's quite obvious how well that GI signature detail class hasn't worked for you.

You claim to be a professional detailer but yet you are on here asking for tips?

You will never see me asking how to do something as I take the initiative and figure things out on my own by trial and error. Try it sometime you may find it more rewarding when you learn something on your own.

When you just ask for the answers it reminds me of the guy on the corner with the cardboard sign begging for money/food or both while he has no disability and is capable of working but instead he tries to go the easy route by looking for a handout.
As far as the GI class goes I recall you went to the same one thats neither here nor there as I don't use gloss it anymore.

I didn't ask Bob for a how to do it video step by step play, or the technique he used simply just a product. As he called you for special tips or tricks working with an Aston Martin. Just as Brian in dallas called me about what I used on a 458 being that he hadn't worked on one yet. If you can honestly say you have never talked to anyone about using or trying a new product then props to you. I'm not going to go into detail about how you view my work because I could honestly careless about your opinion or you in general, as I'm not selling my work to you but the customer.

Money I can assure you is not an issue nor will it ever be.

If you have anything else to say you can PM me or give me a call 949-436-0837 at anytime.

Last edited by Lucci Elite Detail; 07-21-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lucci Elite Detail
As far as the GI class goes I recall you went to the same one thats neither here nor there as I don't use gloss it anymore.

I didn't ask Bob for a how to do it video step by step play, or the technique he used simply just a product. As he called you for special tips or tricks working with an Aston Martin. Just as Brian in dallas called me about what I used on a 458 being that he hadn't worked on one yet. If you can honestly say you have never talked to anyone about using or trying a new product then props to you. I'm not going to go into detail about how you view my work because I could honestly careless about your opinion or you in general, as I'm not selling my work to you but the customer.

Money I can assure you is not an issue nor will it ever be.

If you have anything else to say you can PM me or give me a call 949-436-0837 at anytime.

Yes I did attend the class a couple of years ago to see what GI was all about since there was a possibility I would be making a long term commitment with this product line, fortunately for me within a matter of a few months I realized Rich Light was full of shit as did every other detailer that was involved with GI, seems like you finally figured it out as well.

Now as far as Bob asking me for tips on the Aston, even though he has not worked on the amount of Astons I have I can assure you that he has it covered and did not ask me for any advice nor should he have to with his many years of experience he knows what to do.

It's no secret that Bob and I share detail tips but that doesn't mean we owe it to anyone to post them and I honestly do not care what you or anyone else may think.

In the end the only thing that matters to me is that my clients are satisfied with my work not what a bunch of other detailers think as they don't pay my bills.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Lucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Yes I did attend the class a couple of years ago to see what GI was all about since there was a possibility I would be making a long term commitment with this product line, fortunately for me within a matter of a few months I realized Rich Light was full of shit as did every other detailer that was involved with GI, seems like you finally figured it out as well.

Now as far as Bob asking me for tips on the Aston, even though he has not worked on the amount of Astons I have I can assure you that he has it covered and did not ask me for any advice nor should he have to with his many years of experience he knows what to do.

It's no secret that Bob and I share detail tips but that doesn't mean we owe it to anyone to post them and I honestly do not care what you or anyone else may think.

In the end the only thing that matters to me is that my clients are satisfied with my work not what a bunch of other detailers think as they don't pay my bills.
Fair Enough.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Lol your picking a fight with another member.. Classic. Anyone from this forum even use you carbone?

Again there was a "Back story" you were not aware of(Imagine that....)and you strayed from your lane so it is time to head back to it and continue on "Off topic gangsta".

Richie's body of work speaks for it's self Mac Cormack............

Jimmy the "Tips" Richie shared with me had nothing to do with correction, it was a grill removal question as Richie is also a worldclass tech who can disassemble a vehicle down to the subframe of "Any car" and can re-build engines and transmissions and understands suspension do's and dont's. As for the wheel marring it is paint.....so you use what you correct the finish on the body panels as it is the same.

Glad you "Finally figured it out" pertaining to GI, we had a gentlmen's agreement not to discuss anything about GI in a negative way with Rich when we saw him @ SEMA last year(As you were in the booth at that time I remember)but he did not adhere to that(Big suprise there)so there you have it.

Last edited by Auto Concierge; 07-22-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matt(in MA) is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of extension cords do you use?

How much is your electric bill?

What kind of refrigerator do you have?

What brand of bottled water do you drink?

How do you do it?
So I don't get why you post your projects if you are unwilling to share how you achived your results... It seems like self-promotion, for which you should buy some add space. Other detailing forums share the details of how they did what they did so others can learn...

Matt

Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
aowheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
So I don't get why you post your projects if you are unwilling to share how you achived your results... It seems like self-promotion, for which you should buy some add space. Other detailing forums share the details of how they did what they did so others can learn...

Matt
The detailing society around the world is very supportive of one another, and the products and distributors. It is upsetting that this great detail turned into this

Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)

Matt
Hey Einstein, take a closer look at my avatar....if you can read you will see that I am a sponsor.

If you couldn't see that before posting your whining rant your parents should consider asking for a refund of your college tuition.

I post my work to market it to potential clients as I am running a BUSINESS and not doing this as a hobby.

Now tell me why I owe it to you to show how I do everything?

Are you paying for my services?

Don't come in here with the "You're not helping the community" bullshit as I hear it all the time and could care less about the "community" as the "community" does not pay my bills.

Now tell me what other business will share the secrets to their success.

The detail boards you frequent are a marketing tool to sell products like autogeek and meguiars they also hold detail classes for a nominal fee of course.

When you go out on your own and start your own busniess tell me how eager you will be to share the secrets of your success granted you are successful.

Now go back to the playground and stop bothering the adults.

Quick Reply: 2011 Aston Martin Carbon Black Edition DB9