Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2006 Ford GTX1 again.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
2006 Ford GTX1 again.......

I worked on this car last November. Since then the owner had some paint work done and to say the least the customizing shop destroyed the finish on this rare 1 of 35 built GTX1.

The lower graphics were painted on but for some reason they decided to take a wool pad to the rest of the car.

The owner also decided to have all lenses tinted including the headlights.

The car was to be displayed at Down Town Disney for the Car Masters Show.

The car was shipped to me from Tampa since the show was local to me.

I retrieved the car from the transport lot on a Monday night and had to have it done by Saturday morning.

All said and done a total of 80 hours were spent restoring this beauty to a proper state.

Coming off the truck.

Safe and sound at my place.

Got started the next morning.

Inside after the wash and decontamination process the real condition of the finish is revealed.

Headlight cover was marred as well.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Some 50/50 shots.

Driver's door before.

Corrected.

More defects.

Corrected.

Driver's door and B pillar.

Before.

After.

Lexan engine cover window was trashed as well.

More defects.

Engine compartment needed a little work.

All metal was polished to perfection including the supercharger.

Before.

After.

Exhaust tips before.

During.

After.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
GTX1's are OTT but that old GT350H color scheme sets it off.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Witchcraft as always, but black and gold is a bit too bling for me

Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Afters.

Getting ready to stage the cars for the show.

I also prepped the white GT in front of the X1 and I'm driving my clients 08 Viper ACR that I also prepped.(write up on the ACR will follow)

Don't know what was going on in this pic but it did not look good for that guy.

Staged for the show.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The list of signatures on the custom rear storage compartment.

Some shots of the White GT as I did not have the time for a write up and had to focus more time on the X1 and the ACR.

A couple of shots before the crowds got out of hand.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
wow, that interior is in such poor taste

Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Oh ya know just a GTX1 in the driveway nbd.

Nice work! I'd take the white GT instead, hands down.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:53 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Those signatures are

Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Are those the stock wheels for that car? I could think of a dozen better designs than that setup that would look so much nicer on that GTX1.

Great work by the way!

Quick Reply: 2006 Ford GTX1 again.......