Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

How do you get yellow spot from tire dressing off paint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Lightbulb How do you get yellow spot from tire dressing off paint?

Dealer washed my car and the tire dressing made yellow marks on paint wheel fenders. What can I use or get to get off the yellow spots.

Thanks
B

Old 04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the rough
The technical term for your condition is, "your assed out"

Seems like the dealer used a solvent based tire dressing on your vehicle. When you drive off excess product on the tire "slings" off the tire and onto your paint.

Tire rubber isn't black so to make it black tire manufacturers add tire black to the the rubber. The solvent based dressing emulsifies and mixes with this tire black. When this contaminated dressing comes in contact with your paint it will stain it.

Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING to remove it from various vehicles. Polishing, compounding, various solvents, wet sanding to name a few.......nothing has worked.

Seems like white and silver BMWs and MBZ are the worst effected.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
I've used Meguiars Cleaner wax to get yellow brake dust stained wheels cleaned good as new...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jose Fernandez
The technical term for your condition is, "your assed out"

Seems like the dealer used a solvent based tire dressing on your vehicle. When you drive off excess product on the tire "slings" off the tire and onto your paint.

Tire rubber isn't black so to make it black tire manufacturers add tire black to the the rubber. The solvent based dressing emulsifies and mixes with this tire black. When this contaminated dressing comes in contact with your paint it will stain it.

Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING to remove it from various vehicles. Polishing, compounding, various solvents, wet sanding to name a few.......nothing has worked.

Seems like white and silver BMWs and MBZ are the worst effected.

Yup i have to agree with . I tried everything you can think of. Its on a white p car. Guess i will have to live with it. Thanks for the input

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad B, shoulda sent it to us for a wash ;-)

Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
i would wash the area.

then use something like 3m adhesive remover or an all purpose to wipe it clean.

you may want to polish it and then wax the area.

next thing take the all purpose remove all of the tire dressing off.

apply something good Adam's VRT, Swissvax Pneu etc...

Make sure you put a note on your RO next time to request no car wash.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
aowheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Bryan, I've been asking around and some of the answers I got was the same a what Jose said. I was also told that it could have been old engine oil they used.... But I doubt Porsche would do that. But you never know.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
m power is an unknown quantity at this point
clay bar is your best friend

Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
ScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Bryan,

Give me a call and I could help you out with that. Clay, Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and wax afterwards is all it should need.

Dom

Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the roughJose Fernandez is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed
Bryan,

Give me a call and I could help you out with that. Clay, Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and wax afterwards is all it should need.

Dom
Whats the latest with this? I don't think that will work but if it does I'll start doing it tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: How do you get yellow spot from tire dressing off paint?