Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Detailing & Paint Protection (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/)
-   -   How do you get yellow spot from tire dressing off paint? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/57881-how-do-you-get-yellow-spot-tire-dressing-off-paint.html)

Yacht Lights 04-17-2011 09:13 PM

How do you get yellow spot from tire dressing off paint?

Dealer washed my car and the tire dressing made yellow marks on paint wheel fenders. What can I use or get to get off the yellow spots.

Thanks
B

Jose Fernandez 04-21-2011 05:00 PM

The technical term for your condition is, "your assed out"

Seems like the dealer used a solvent based tire dressing on your vehicle. When you drive off excess product on the tire "slings" off the tire and onto your paint.

Tire rubber isn't black so to make it black tire manufacturers add tire black to the the rubber. The solvent based dressing emulsifies and mixes with this tire black. When this contaminated dressing comes in contact with your paint it will stain it.

Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING to remove it from various vehicles. Polishing, compounding, various solvents, wet sanding to name a few.......nothing has worked.

Seems like white and silver BMWs and MBZ are the worst effected.

Vettilac 04-22-2011 01:59 AM

I've used Meguiars Cleaner wax to get yellow brake dust stained wheels cleaned good as new...

Yacht Lights 04-29-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jose Fernandez (Post 940403)
The technical term for your condition is, "your assed out"

Seems like the dealer used a solvent based tire dressing on your vehicle. When you drive off excess product on the tire "slings" off the tire and onto your paint.

Tire rubber isn't black so to make it black tire manufacturers add tire black to the the rubber. The solvent based dressing emulsifies and mixes with this tire black. When this contaminated dressing comes in contact with your paint it will stain it.

Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING to remove it from various vehicles. Polishing, compounding, various solvents, wet sanding to name a few.......nothing has worked.

Seems like white and silver BMWs and MBZ are the worst effected.

Yup i have to agree with . I tried everything you can think of. Its on a white p car. Guess i will have to live with it. Thanks for the input

silversurfer 04-30-2011 10:53 PM

Too bad B, shoulda sent it to us for a wash ;-)

Phil Y 05-01-2011 09:57 AM

i would wash the area.

then use something like 3m adhesive remover or an all purpose to wipe it clean.

you may want to polish it and then wax the area.

next thing take the all purpose remove all of the tire dressing off.

apply something good Adam's VRT, Swissvax Pneu etc...

Make sure you put a note on your RO next time to request no car wash.

aowheels 05-04-2011 06:44 PM

Bryan, I've been asking around and some of the answers I got was the same a what Jose said. I was also told that it could have been old engine oil they used.... But I doubt Porsche would do that. But you never know.

m power 05-04-2011 10:35 PM

clay bar is your best friend

ScheerSpeed 05-10-2011 12:42 AM

Bryan,

Give me a call and I could help you out with that. Clay, Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and wax afterwards is all it should need.

Dom

Jose Fernandez 06-10-2011 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed (Post 958970)
Bryan,

Give me a call and I could help you out with that. Clay, Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and wax afterwards is all it should need.

Dom

Whats the latest with this? I don't think that will work but if it does I'll start doing it tomorrow!!