Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

SWISSVAX Detailed Ferrari F50

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Swissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant future
SWISSVAX Detailed Ferrari F50

Detailed by our detailer for the Top Marques show 2009 in Monaco who now represents SWISSVAX USA.

In 14 years, Darren has had the pleasure of detailing some of the worlds most exotic car, jets, helicopters & yachts. He comes to SWISSVAX USA bringing an added field of being a SWISSVAX detailer for 10 years!

ALL IMAGES © DTownend

Now having pondered a while on what to go for i opted for a clients Ferrari F50, it was brought to us a week before the show so i had plenty of time to detail it.

Now remember this car was going on show not just to the public but to TV cameras as well & numerous photographers.

I started with a good wash down round at the Ferrari dealer as the car had just been in for a slight problem to be fixed. All the bodywork, wheels etc was throughly washed in all it took an hour and thirty minutes, they guys at the dealer could not delieve the lengths i went to just to give it a bath.

Car was then brought round to my workshop for the detail to begin.

After the wash i clayed the car using swissvax paint rubber blue (soft) with QF, dried down again with towel then set to work with the machine.

The paint was in good condition as the car is not used that much & looked after very well, i machined it with cleaner fluid Medium then pro @ 1200 rpm.

The engine was all done by hand using a mild degreaser, paint brushes of various sizes, & several old microfiber clothes i use just for engine bays.

I did not document this detail as much as the F40 but never the less over 150 pics were taken!

LSP was a very special wax that i can not tell you what it is other than it came from the swissvax HQ.

[FONT=Century Gothic[/FONT]

Last edited by Swissvax USA; 03-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Swissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant future
Sitting nicely on our stand

Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
perfection

Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kwiker is on a distinguished roadkwiker is on a distinguished road
I was hoping for some process or before/after pictures. Beautiful car, love the shots under the spoiler where you can see the carbon under the paint.