Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2010 New Car Correction Porsche 997 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2010 New Car Correction Porsche 997 C4S

Just completed today(1-18-2011) this vehicle was not in delivery condition and the customer was not very happy at all. Very detail orientated and worried about how the job would turn out as he is from New York(NY) I set up an estimate appointment with him and looked over the car to find typical marring and general "50%" approach to the delivery condition.

Beautiful Basalt Black(dirty black as James @ Sharkwerks calls this color) I would spend all in total close to 15 hours on the car. After a thorough wash/de-con to strip away any remaing lsp I started with the correction & detail.

Here is adhesive residue left over on badge from shipping tape.

Tarminator made quick work of this problem.

Marring on the rear bumper.

Shipping stickers not removed in the dealership PDI/delivery.

Right rear quarter, wash mitt dropped on the ground probably caused this marring.

Marring and scratches on paint can be challenging enough, but on clear film the difficulty factor can go way up.

First batch of 50/50 pics on the film.

Clarity restored.

Another 50/50 pic.

Marring on front right quarter clear film area, (film install NOT done by Premier).

Corrected.

Another angle of the marring on the right rear quarter.

After compouding with wool and foam pads.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Left rear quarter, I would end up lightly sanding this area with 3000 grit trizact.

After wool & foam compounding.

Finish resembling what a "New car" should look like.

Sun coming through sklight in the ceiling, which would turn out to be my only "Sun pic" as there was dusty conditions outside at the time of completion of the job.

Wheel & tires looking like the car had never been driven(151 miles on the car @ the time of this correction).

Owner had a 3mil spacer on the front and 5mil installed on the rear to cure some of the "Sucked in look" that O.E. whhel come with, slightly more aggressive offset cured this.

Engine bay was not too bad(as well it should not being a new car) but I hit everything anyway with lot's of attention polishing the painted areas.

Removed the dealer paper plate and frame to clean this usually hidden area.

Gas filler cap area cleaned, and painted areas polished and sealed.

Finished product on the paint, LSP was Blackfire.

Area under the spoiler handled as well.

Underside of trunk cleaned and polished.

Streak free glass.

Interior pics, nicely optioned seats with perforated leather.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 AM

A few LED pics......for the doubters.

I would like to thank Brooksmotorcars for allowing me to service a San Francisco based client with no garage(Life in the city for the carguy....sigh) Brooks is the BEST body shop I deal with and have used them since 1989(Again thank you Dan who is the owner and Tony the SF shop manager, they also have the main shop in Oakland near the airport.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Outstanding! NOW the car looks like it should. Well done.