Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2010 Camaro "Hacked".. full Paint Correction

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
2010 Camaro "Hacked".. full Paint Correction

Chevy Camaro in for a complete correction and winter prep detail.

Car was bought with 8,000 miles on it. Dealer prep and polish job left paint with heavy defects and holograms.

Some before shots of the finish, lots of swirling, RIDS and machine holograms

Example of how a hologram carries in the light

The wash process

-Foam w/ CG maxi suds
-Soak with Optimum Power clean 5:1
-Hand wash using Lusso Auto Bathe

Car was then clayed and dried followed by several IPA wipedowns to remove any remaining protection, oils and clay residue

Measuring the paint with a paint gauge, consistent readings all around

Hood under the LED light, nice myriad of defects

After a few test combos I landed on the following using both rotary and DA machnes. M105, M205 and Menzerna powerfinish.

A 50.50 after compounding of some of the hood defects

Pulled the car outside to check my work...

Front fender 50.50

Showing the difference in color between polished and unpolished paint... both are technically "black" paint :giggle:

Closeup of some of the deeper defects

The lower panels of this car took the most abuse, 50.50 of lower front fender vs. door

Spot compounding

Some of the body panels make for awkward polishing angles, improvisation as always is a staple in the correction process :thumb:

I always open up doors during correction so I can polish all the way to an edge without my pad running onto an adjacent panel, especially one just polished out.

Some areas required an extra hit during the compounding stage

Some DA finishing on the trunk, new crimson LC pads are very nice!

A 50.50 of the trunk, again lots of holograms

Better pic of some of the deeper defects

Under the LED

The rear bumper had some of the worst holograms I have seen on a car and by worst I mean just careless buffing x10! Typical figure 8's pattern going up and down the entire bumper.

Before, holograms and defects under standing halogen and LED lights

After, same exact light source(s) in the same spot

All in all the correction process took about 15hrs. After which a final IPA wipedown was given before LSP. LSP of choice was Menzerna powerlock.

Wheels polished with Werkstat Prime followed by 2 coats of Rejex.

Interior did not need much work. All leather was treated with the Leather Masters trio for a clean no shine look. 303 on the plastics and Jetseal on the doorjamps for protection.

After shots of the interior

]

Old 11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Finished shots

Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to allDylanAdams is a name known to all
Nice save. Gotta love dealer installed paint damage - the option no body wants, but everybody gets! LOL

Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams
Nice save. Gotta love dealer installed paint damage - the option no body wants, but everybody gets! LOL
I actually do love it... for customers cars that is!