Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

1972 Corvette Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ST Graveyard is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello all,

This weekend I made a lot of progress.

I still had the drivers side to polish :

After :

The T-Tops were pretty bad :

But I managed to make them really shine :

Before (of the drivers side door) :

After (notice the reflection of the floor) :

The final part of the car, the front :

After :

The car was now completely compounded. To finish it off I used pro-polish glaze as a prep for 2 coats of jetseal. After the pro-polish, one coat of jetseal was applied. I let it sit for 15 minutes, then it was buffed up and cured for 20 minutes, after applieing the second coat (which cured for over 12 hours) :

After a quick final detail round of pro-polish :

An even thin coat of Jetseal is applied :

After buffing the first layer of jetseal the car felt incredibly soft. Just amazing :

Once the whole car was done, finished everything the next day with one last round of Buttery Wet Wax with carnauba :

This product even smelt so good, I now not only look at my car, I even enjoy sniffing it :smack

After the wax :

Reflection shots, just freakin amazing :-)

with the flash on :

Without flash :

Outside shots, there was sadly no sun, and it was very cloudy, but the car looks really shiny and wet :

Another 6 hours or so went into finishing the car. But it looks absolutely amazing. The paintjob on this car is not really good, but now it looks almost like a candy apple red car. I hope I can keep it like this.

Things to do. In the next days I will be removing the chrome, polishing or rechroming parts. This winter I plan on doing a complete interior resto. Not really detailing anymore, but I'll keep you guys up to date.

Comments or tips are welcome.

Take care,
Maarten

Last edited by ST Graveyard; 10-10-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ST Graveyard is an unknown quantity at this point
Did some touch up work on the rear panel. The paint used is not good, but as it was a part underneath the car, I gave it a shot :

After paint :

After sealant and wax :

I started on the complete interior restauration, but I'll start a new thread for this.

Cheers,
Maarten

Old 11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice work, it looks much better now.