Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

BMW X6 50i wrapped in matte black

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
BMW X6 50i wrapped in matte black

Hi boys and girls!

This is the newest family member of a very good customer of mine. I got my hands on it before any of the monkeys at BMW could make a mess of it and as soon as I was done with the new car prep it went straight into the elevator and upstairs so we could get it wrapped in matte black. It's got roughly around 435 HP (he's already had some tuning done to it ) and for the most part the "optical" tuning is finished. He plans on beefing it up even more, but not too much because it's the family "heathen hauler"... yes, his wife's car, who happens to be a very good driver... and hotter than a Pop Tart fresh out of the toaster. Anyway, on to the show >>

Upon arrival it had tons of water spots and had obviously been driven quite a bit judging by the amount of brake dust on the car and the exhaust tips.

My new wheel cleaner going to work on the "crappy" winter rims that were quickly replaced.

Foamed with my "active" snow foam 1:10... nice and thick .

Some sap on the roof that had to be removed before wrapping.

These are my "wrappers" . Krisztián és Csaba (Chaba)... they've been friends since birth, but the way Krisz was looking at him in this picture was a little strange Unfortunately I could only stay for a few hours to help, because I had other pressing matters to attend to... a 599 GTB that had been left in the desert for more than a year.... Coming soon!

Some of the parts that had to be removed for the wrap.

Csaba looking a bit overexcited in this pic

New rims on now.

It rained a bit and had accumulated a bit of road grime which was a perfect test rat for my new snow foam.

The new wheel cleaner doing it's thang... the first part of a wheel detox system I've developed.

The wheels were only sprayed off with a pressure washer at this point, but the wheel cleaner alone with no agitation did a fantastic job of cleaning them.

This is after rinsing the snow foam and again zero agitation at this point. My new snow foam is not pH neutral and it has "active" cleaners inside to help break down road grime during the pre-wash stage. No it won't hurt your LSP either .

The second stage of my wheel detox: Nano rim cleaner. Cleans up anything that the first wheel cleaner left behind (which would be zero if there were agitation, but this is sort of like the "pre-wash" stage for rims), and leaves the first coat of nano protection behind, which acts like a foundation for the second coat which will be applied by hand.

Not the typical "beads" because this is a hydrophilic sealant, but beading is quite apparent.

All finished... A second coat of nano wheel sealant was applied to the rims and a nano sealant was applied to the entire body of the car (to the wrapping). For those of you curious, no there was no change whatsoever in the matte finish after applying the sealant. In my experience (I have a truck wrapped in matte black so yes I've done extensive research on it), waxes and sealants will not affect the appearance of a WRAPPED vehicle. I personally have 4 coats of nano sealant on my truck and I have also used Swissvax Concorso and Zymöl Vintage on my truck and there has been NO change in the finish. PAINTED matte finishes are a different story... I can't recommend any wax for them, not even Swissvax's Opaque, because it still has 40% carnauba in it like the rest.

Truck Norris in the background

Thanks for reading and to all the Playboy subscribers, thanks for "reading"!

- Jesse O'Connor

Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
This is the first time I have ever looked at an X6 without feeling a horrible sense of repulsion. The matte black, though very overdone lately, looks pretty good on the car. The black and clear headlights and rims also add to it. The car looks great!

Old 08-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by sal
This is the first time I have ever looked at an X6 without feeling a horrible sense of repulsion. The matte black, though very overdone lately, looks pretty good on the car. The black and clear headlights and rims also add to it. The car looks great!
Thanks Sal! I've never been a huge BMW fan either, but I have to admit this one does it for me...