Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

1995 Ferrari F-355 Berlinetta Correction

Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
1995 Ferrari F-355 Berlinetta Correction

Just completed, this car had the issues that only a fifteeen year old BLACK car can have(lol). What hampered me in the correction was extremely thin paint, and on the rear right "c" pillar someone had struck thru previously already.

I had readings as low as 60 microns on a few places and re-painted rear bumper, lower rocker and passenger door.

Did not have time to take as many pics as I would liked too, as I was WAY over time on this car, here is pic from the beginning before the wash of the wheel(s) which would later to my horror take 3.0 hr(s) to restore each.

Start of the paint correction 50/50 pics.

Inner part of the "C" pillar, marred up nicely.......

After compounding wool & foam pad steps.

As bad as the paint was, the clear film was just as bad deep RIDS that took FOREVER to correct.

After 1.5 hours of careful polishing.

Trunk 50/50's.

Dry & scratched.

50/50's of front quarter.

Lower passenger door panel that was egged, I sanded carefully to level the defect as much as I could.

Some correction was accomplished, but near as much as I would have liked as the damage was to deep.

Re-sprayed panel with heavy holograms(as usual).

After compounding.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Ferrari F-355 Correction Cont...

Ahh the wheels..................... in addition to the embedded brake dust, the wheels had acid damage on the non cleared inner barrels and the polished lips(someone at the car wash thought "sweet chrome lips".) I literally pulled almost a all-nighter to correct the wheels as the schedule was going to be backed up beyond my capability to get everyone taken care of before the Concorso. 3.0 -3.5 hours for each wheel(as once I started to repair them I had to go all the way).

Fruits of my labor.....

All finished, some inside pics before going outside.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Ferrari F-355 Correction Cont...

All done ready for delivery.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
neversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond repute
wow that looks amazing!

What's a common cause of those swirls/scratch marks?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:54 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
You are a magician!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by neversleeps
wow that looks amazing!

What's a common cause of those swirls/scratch marks?

Previous owner before present one guilty of "abuse and cruelty to exotic cars" this happens due to cheapness and being just plain lazy.

It is a shame because there is only so much that can be done with a car in this condition, all the surfaces needed to replaced and or painted and in this case it is just not economically viable..

I had 47 hours plus in what I did and it needed MUCH more.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Having seen this car in the early stages, I have gained a whole new appreciation for the amount of effort required to achieve those results. This guy works his guts out, staking his reputation on each and every project, and here is living proof that you really can make a 'silk purse out of a sow's ear' ...if you are Bob Willis!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by JAMS
Having seen this car in the early stages, I have gained a whole new appreciation for the amount of effort required to achieve those results. This guy works his guts out, staking his reputation on each and every project, and here is living proof that you really can make a 'silk purse out of a sow's ear' ...if you are Bob Willis!

Or you can take the beauty behind the 355(UBER tightness 2011 /GT3RS) and make it perfect...............will be done tonight Selwyn.