Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

09 Bentley GT Mulliner Correction

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
09 Bentley GT Mulliner Correction

Recently completed correction & detail, my goal was to make the car look as if it had not been driven and aside from some rock chips on the front bumper I feel the goal was acheived.

Here is the vehicle as I started the job.

Beautiful but very dirty BBS two piece O.E. wheels.

Initial compounding steps on the hood area.

50/50 pics of the drivers side rear quarter.

Rear arch has a blend re-spray with wet sand marks(have never seen this on a factory Bentley before, usually flawless finish is what comes from Bentley.

Corrected.

There were some pretty deep RIDS all over the car, but how there were so many behind the plate was a riddle to me (lol).

Looking much better.

Some more wet sanding marks.

After first hit with M105 and woolpad.

After foam compounding.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Bentley Correction Cont....

Attending to the areas most people will not see.

Marred front bumper.

After initial compounding.

50/50 of the passenger side door.

Whole door corrected.

Laying down a second coat of Powerlock.

The original quote for the job did not include the engine bay..... but I had to do it, even if I did not go all out like I did on the finish there was no way I could not clean it and here is why.

After.

The grills on Bentley's are notorious for being labor intensive to clean(understatement of the year), working the grill by hand with patience.

The fruits of my labor.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Bentley Correction Cont...

Beauty of the wheels brought out fully.

The interior was not real bad, but a greasy dressing had been applied and caused an uneven look to the surfaces.

After clean up and dressing applied, soft feel leather with a matte finish as it left the factory.

Note the soft sheen of the leather in this pic.

Finished out pics before the outside shots are taken.

Bentley finish with almost no orange peel texture.......gorgeous!!!.

Outside sun pics, just a few as the client had to go...

Clients father followed over to pick the car up and was driving this stunning 612 Scag in carbon black which I hope to get a chance to work on in the near future.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice job Bob! I enjoy your write up very much

Old 07-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Game over!

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned
TOGWT is an unknown quantity at this point
Great job [Attending to the areas most people will not see.] the definition of a real detailer

Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Fantastic work.
I am thoroughly impressed