Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Preview: Ferrari F40 Restorative Detail

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Esoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to all
Preview: Ferrari F40 Restorative Detail

Trailer presented by the late Don LaFontaine (voiceover Master)

In a world…where Supercars are kept from looking their best by swirls, scratches, grime, and years of wear and tear…lives two restorative artisans with incredible powers fueled by severe cases of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.

It’s man versus machine in an epic battle that will prove to be the blockbuster hit of the summer.

See Craig Reed as the Mechanical Mad Scientist and Todd Cooperider as the Paint Whisperer in their quest to restore the rare and highly collectible Ferrari F40 and prepare it for the 20th Anniversary F40 Gathering in Monterey, CA.

Craig and Todd face perhaps their biggest challenge ever when they take on the mighty F40.

Watch them as they deal with years of scratches and swirls

Witness Todd’s steady hand when polishing all of the dangerous curves

See how failure to take their OCD meds result in the dismantling of the engine…just to detail it!

And see how Craig re-paints, re-plates, and repairs even the smallest of defects.

Will the job be insurmountable?

Will they be able to complete the restorative detail in time to ship the car off to Monterey?

Will their Obsessive Compulsive Disorders draw them into a shell of themselves to where they’ll never be able to return?

Stay tuned to see the spectacle that auto enthusiasts will be speaking about for many years to come…

Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Wow I look forward to seeing this! Just 30 minutes ago I was looking at the 288 GTO detail that you did (from your avatar). You guys are top notch!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I love this car, I love this thread...amazing. The F40 turns head the same way it did back 23 years ago.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to seeing this thread ! Fortunately, I will get to see this F40 n person at the F40 Reunion in Monterey...(must remember to pack my camera )

Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Looking forward to seeing this thread ! Fortunately, I will get to see this F40 n person at the F40 Reunion in Monterey...(must remember to pack my camera )

Jas, PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE bring your camera and fill up memory card after memory card lol

Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Jas when is the reunion. Is it invite only?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This will be so awesome!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Esoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to allEsoteric is a name known to all
Thanks everybody. Yes, this article is going to be huge. I already have about 5 hours into it (the article), and hope to be done sometime this week. I had to chop it down to "only" about 120 photos.

Jas...I might be going out to Monterey with the car so perhaps I'll get a chance to meet you. This is Hawkeye's car.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the PM. The level of detail is UNF****ING real. A friend of mine has one and drives it regularly and takes VERY good care of his but this is on a different level. Thank you for restoring that car to what I can only imagine is better than showroom standards.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Always enjoy your work and write-ups, Todd. They're like reading a great book!

Quick Reply: Preview: Ferrari F40 Restorative Detail