Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Porsche 911 Turbo Summer Detail

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Porsche 911 Turbo Summer Detail

I did this car just about 1 year ago, as planned the customer brought it back to get it dialed in for driving season.

First cleaned the wheels and tires, wheel cleaned with Diablo from CG, I like it because it can sit for a long time while I prepare buckets etc. and it also smells very nice however for very dirty wheels you will need something stronger.

Owner keeps the car well maintained with sealant, all of which must be removed before polishing. Sprayed the car down with a citrus APC and agitated all vents and trim with it as well.

Washed with CG citrus wash (orange one) and the DD sponge. Clayed using ricardo and dried with the DD waffle weave

Correction consisted of a 1 step to remove some light wash swirls accumulated over the past year. After which I opted for a last jeweling step, kept it right around 1200rpm with the metabo to bring up the last bit of gloss and clarity. Nothing impressive on that end to show, no crazy 50/50s

Interior needed a bit more work ....

Pollen everywhere

After

Interior finished

Wheels protected with Rejex and then jetseal, lips polished by hand

Applying powerlock by machine, first of 3 coats. Fabric top protected with 303 fabric guard/repellant

Doorjambs treated with AJT

Finished