Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Mini Cooper paint correction/wheels off detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Mini Cooper paint correction/wheels off detail

Mini in for some correction work and full interior exterior detail plus wheel removal

Before prep, some etching on the hood, dried out trim etc.

Couple readings, and no I was not able to make a 3D model of this on my computer sent via bluetooth and then organize each individual reading on Excel spreadsheet .... but somehow I made out okay when polishing :hippie:

Some before shots of correction. Ended up with a 4 step process from start to finish, rotary around 2100 for compounding and finishing down around 1200.

Yes I know the yellow tape on red paint looks like a Ronald McDonald mobile :help:

Few after shots

On the smaller areas with lots of edges I switched to the DA from the rotary so I could work with 1 hand clean

Wiped the car with alc/h20 and pulled it outside to check for correction before moving onto to the rest of the car

Always use the hood as my gauge for the rest of the correction, get that as good as possible and set the tune for the rest of the job.

Back inside for the rest

Old 04-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
One of my Porsche customers stopped by for an estimate, silver car :violin:

Front bumper

Removed wheels for further cleaning and protection, cleaned up the undercarriage a little more followed by dressing

2 claybars did not make it home after the wheels :goodn:

Little tarminator helped loosen up some tar, adhesives etc.

Rejex x2

Couple after shots

Some opti-seal on the interior plastics

Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Another red one in for OHS

Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Looks great Dave!

I didn't think it was possible to correct the paint without creating a 3D model.

Can't wait to see the Red Bull write up!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Looks great Dave!

I didn't think it was possible to correct the paint without creating a 3D model.

Can't wait to see the Red Bull write up!
Working on it now Dickie

Couldnt resist, sorry my friend

Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Smoke
Working on it now Dickie

Couldnt resist, sorry my friend
HAHA!

Wonder what happened to our friend Sean?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Great pictures! I really like red minis for some reason, and the black stripes just look perfect.

Awesome work and the final outcome looks great! Thanks for posting

Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by sal
Great pictures! I really like red minis for some reason, and the black stripes just look perfect.

Awesome work and the final outcome looks great! Thanks for posting
Black stripes unfortunately cannot be corrected at the same level as the paint, annoyance for sure

Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
FINE looking Mini. Nice correction work. Well done.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
code85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished roadcode85 is on a distinguished road
Smoke, you've done it again.