Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

My hellrot m3 coming back to life

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
My hellrot m3 coming back to life

My car is no longer an ugly duckling. It's returning to its former glory.
It sat outside for 4 years while I did a bunch of mechanical work.

b4

glossy and cleaned up

b4

glossy and cleaned up

close up

Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice work on the paint there. I know the red/yellow e36's in South Africa arnt clear coated and also come out really nicely when polished well. What mechanical work was done?

Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by calypso
Nice work on the paint there. I know the red/yellow e36's in South Africa arnt clear coated and also come out really nicely when polished well. What mechanical work was done?
Iirc, only the 1995 hellrots and dakar(yellow) were single stage paints. I know my hellrot is cleared tho.

On the original engine I completely rebuilt it with:
Forged 8.5:1 CP pistons
Eagle rods
crank/rods/pistons balanced
gt35r turbo with tons of turbo gear
all seals, gaskets, bearings and that fun stuff.

I sold that motor and set up after it was all built and bought another engine that needed a rebuild.

So I've really built one engine and the one in it now just got an old fashion rebuild.