Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Oakes - Detailed: 2009 BMW 335 Diesel - Body Shop Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Oakes - Detailed: 2009 BMW 335 Diesel - Body Shop Nightmare

A Paint corrective detail of a 2009 BMW 335 Diesel, in the infamous BMW Jet Black that fell victim to poor body shop “detailing” as you will clearly see in the pictures. This 1,700 mile 335d looked far too defected for it’s age, so it was evident that full correction was needed. After getting consistent readings across the car with the paint gauge, Mikhael and I went to work to make this 2009 car ready for 2010. The damage was unfair to the owner, especially being the first car he has ever purchased, so we made every effort to ensure it was perfect when it left my hands. The other goal was to get this car properly protected for the north east winters, giving it a double sealant and then Collinite’s 845 wax, as well as sealing the wheels. I will let the pictures do the talking on this one, as they are worth a thousand words themselves.

Process:
Menzerna SIP – Yellow pad
Menzerna 203 – Orange Pad
Menzerna 106FF – Green Pad
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant – Blue Pad
Collinite’s No. 845 Insulator Wax – Blue Pad
Poor Boy’s Wheel Sealant/Collinite’s No. 845 Wax on wheels.

Wheels Before

Wheels After

The paint damage under the halogens, you can clearly see the horrible holograms/buffer trails.

You can clearly see the extent of the paint damage in the above pictures, so I focused a lot on the 50/50 photos and the difference is beyond clear. Starting with the trunk.

The front fender:

The most dramatic 50/50 photos can be seen on the rear quarter panel below:

The corrected paint can be seen in the pictures below under direct halogen spotlights and then under direct sunlight.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice

Under sunlight

Finished reflection photos

Finished full vehicle photos

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback appreciated!

-Oakes

Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
What a great save!

The owner must have been more than thrilled with the results of the hard work you guys put into it.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Simply outstanding correction shown here!!, soft BMW black is a b***h to get finished down and the pics tell the story on this job.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
That 50/50 of the rear quarter is one of the best saves I have ever seen.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
What a great save!

The owner must have been more than thrilled with the results of the hard work you guys put into it.
Thank you! The owner really enjoys the look of his car now, he's afraid to even drive it

Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
Simply outstanding correction shown here!!, soft BMW black is a b***h to get finished down and the pics tell the story on this job.
Thank you sir! Quite the compliment coming from you, as your work and clientele has me in awe everytime I click your threads!

Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack
That 50/50 of the rear quarter is one of the best saves I have ever seen.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words!