Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Oakes - Detailed: 2007 Mustang GT - 550+ hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Oakes - Detailed: 2007 Mustang GT - 550+ hp

A full detail of a 2007 Ford Mustang GT with a few extras on it. I personally love this color, however it hides a lot of is extremely difficult to get pictures of with the metallic flake. I tried my best with getting good photos, however I was in a crunch for time and decided to focus on the quality of the job instead. (which always comes first anyway)

I did manage after 2 long days of workin on the car, while being very sore from the previous two cars, to squeeze a few off. This particular Mustang is putting out 550+ hp and makes a good amount of noise! It's also for sale! I was told I didn't have to go crazy on this car, but knowing me, I did anyway since it was being prepped for the same show as the 2010 GT I did (seen here:2010 GT) Anyway, enough of my babble!

Process:
Full degrease/wash - Clay bar
Menzerna Power Gloss - Orange pad
Menzerna Power Finish (203) - Green Pad
Optimum Poli-Seal - cured overnight
Collinite's No.845 Insulator Wax
Redbull and some good music.

Engine bay was NOT cleaned, however it has this oversized alternator in it

Wheels Before

Wheels Soaking

Wheels After

Prepped and ready to go

Paint Shot Before

Paint Shot 50/50

Paint Shot After

Direct Sunlight photos

Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Reflection Photos

After Photos

Money Shot - Like Glass!

Enjoy, Please comment!

-Oakes

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Wow the paint looks great! Thanks for the pictures

Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thank you! Welcome, I love sharing my work!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
wow power gloss on the whole thing? pretty aggressive combo

Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Yep, wanted to achieve perfection and Mustangs do have a pretty hard clear coat