Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

V12 Vantage front end prep...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Carn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura aboutCarn has a spectacular aura about
V12 Vantage front end prep...

Hey guys, been a while since I posted some of my work. It's been crazy at the office which combined with overhauling my website for the online shop means I haven't had time to put up any threads in a while

Just a quick one I thought I would share. I am sure you can all guess who this baby belongs to

At present I have only done the front end (as with the Lambo SL) in preparation for the film install. When Mike is back from his vacations this year I will be attending to the rest of the car.....can't wait !

Righty then, 1st up I calibrated my PTG and took a few readings to ensure the paintwork was safe for polishing.

Having only recently gotten one of these units I must say it gives you a whole lot more confidence knowing how healthy the paint is before starting the correction work. The readings were all over the 200um mark which was perfect!

Next I tried to capture some of the defects from the front end. Due to the metallic/pearl white colour it was extremely difficult but I managed a few decent pics.

Haziness in the paint and some fine swirling

Overall the paint wasn't in bad condition, but I was surprised to see a vehicle of this value coming from the factory with some really dull paintwork in places

After testing a few combo's I settled on 1 hit with SIP followed by 106FA for most of the front end. Some of the poorer areas with some pigtails and sanding marks got 1 hit of FCP followed by SIP and finally FA.

I took a few PTG readings after, most showing only 2 to 3 um of clear coat removal.

And some finished pics...

Clarity restored to the paintwork

And a few random ones to finish off...

Thanks for looking

Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
You got to work on Mike's car! Congrats!

Great work, btw.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful work, and welcome!! You should steal some pictures of Mike's collection if you ever visit him.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic work... Amazing difference. My GT4 Vantage wouldn't warrant that level of TLC, but I am seriously considering a V12 Vantage - and now I've seen how good the paint could look...

Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great!

Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Can, as always