Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Tough Decisions: 2015 AM V8 Vantage GT or 2011 V12 Vantage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:17 AM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Tough Decisions: 2015 AM V8 Vantage GT or 2011 V12 Vantage?

Asking this on behalf of a friend of mine. He placed an order in for a blue V8 Vantage GT back in May, but due to a snafu, the build date wound up being pushed back—now they're saying the soonest they can have it built is Q1 of 2015.

However, the dealership is offering him a choice of one of two Vantages they have on the lot: a new V8 GT or a 2011 V12 Vantage. Both are stick shifts, both are black on black. The V12 has 10K miles on it, but it looks pretty cherry. I think they're around the same price.

Any recommendations about the better bet?

Old 08-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Go for the 2011 V12 Vantage. I'm looking for the same year's model but in a very exclusive colour. I've driven one and it was gorgeous! You won't regret it.

The only advantage you will have with the new V8 Vantage (except engine specs etc) is the Q that you'll be able to configure your car to your taste.

The decision is yours.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
I would go for the V12, V8 felt somewhat underpowered where as the V12 has ample power and sounds fantastic.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
V12 6speeds are a thing of the past I'm afraid. Go with that, one of the last great manual cars

Old 08-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
V12 6speeds are a thing of the past I'm afraid. Go with that, one of the last great manual cars

Old 09-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Has to be the V12, if for nothing other than the glorious soundtrack of its engine. Plus as already stated it's a manual which makes it even more worth having IMHO.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 AM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

My friend wound up going for the Vantage GT. We both agreed with all your arguments in principle, but the V12 was a bit beat up—the last owner hadn't taken very good care of it. So he went for the brand-new V8 car.