Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Oakes - Detailed: 2008 Audi A4 S-Line Avant - Collaboration

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Oakes - Detailed: 2008 Audi A4 S-Line Avant - Collaboration

Here is a full exterior detail of a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line Avant, in an awesome gunmetal metallic color with matching wheels. The pictures aren't as extensive as usual because I was given only 1 say to complete this car, and it needed the work, so to save time we cut down on camera time. Which is where I called a good friend of mine, Jon, to come in for an assist on getting this car turned around as quickly, while being thorough, as possible. Audi clear coat is fortunately hard which makes it more resistant to scratches but difficult to polish! However, we were able to see great work with a few more passes of the PC as you will be able to tell in the pictures

Process:
Full wash - Clay - rewash
Menzerna Power Gloss - Orange pads
Menzerna Power Finish 203 - Green pads
Optimum Poli - Seal
Rewash
Carnuaba wax

Wheels Before

After

After a few hours spent washing, claying and working on the wheels, I moved onto the engine

Engine Bay before

Agitating the APC

Engine Bay after

All taped up and ready to go

Myself working the 203 in

Jon working the Power Gloss

This is my buddy who hung around since the RR Evo X was in the garage, he would wave everytime I put my hand up, but wouldn't do it for the camera

Here is the best example of a 50/50 that I could capture as metallic paint is difficult to capture such defects

Rinsing her off after all the polishing

Direct sunlight photos

Reflection photos

Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Finished Photos of the Vehicle, the color really pops when it's clean!

Thank you for looking! Hope you enjoyed the pictures, please feel free to comment!

-Oakes