Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Clean Reflections: 1990 Nissan 300ZX

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Clean Reflections: 1990 Nissan 300ZX

The first time I inspected this car I could tell it needed some work, but its an older car so that comes with the territory. This vehicle was set up for an Ultimate Exterior detail only because the interior is in great shape. The owner dropped her off Sunday evening and picked her up Tuesday evening. What laid beneath the oxidation and swirls was beautiful! Anyways, the pictures will speak for themselves...

Exterior Before

Car was washed with the usual CG Citrus Wash & Gloss via 2BM. Wheels were taken care of with p21s wheel gel with a boars hair brush and EZ Detail brush to get the inside barrels.

Hologram city...

Some beauty hides behind it, you can sort of see it!

Holo-GRAMS

Exterior After

Now that the years of weathering and what seemed to be a really bad detailer had been corrected, the beauty was revealed. Correction was mostly taken care of with Menzerna PO203S with green pads. The occasional deep RIDS were knocked out with Menzerna Powergloss and yellow pad. I had this yellow pad in my collection forever now, so I decided to give it a try instead of PFW.

This is my favorite shot I've ever taken. The clarity around the camera is amazing and I never adjust or edit any of my photos

Still a small scratch on the lower left section of the picture. These are the kind that were needed to be corrected with Powergloss

Left side uncorrected, right side corrected

Top corrected, bottom uncorrected

Self explanatory

Before:

50/50

Final Shots

Menzerna FMJ and Einzett Glanz Wax was used for the LSP

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome. I'm saving the next write up for last

Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
That looks like some awesome work!!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
That has to be the best work I've seen to this date. Keep it up!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
EXCELLENT work ... where are you located?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Originally Posted by strebo
That has to be the best work I've seen to this date. Keep it up!
mange tak!

Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
EXCELLENT work ... where are you located?
Indianapolis, about 5 hrs from u

Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
buzztt is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice work

car could look so much better with different rims though