Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Clean Reflections: Personal ride & HIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Clean Reflections: Personal ride & HIN

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather we have been having. I recently showed my car at Hot Import Nights in Chicago this past weekend and managed to clean her up a bit. Spent 5 days doing everything possible to the ride; and she needed it. It was nice to have 5 days to make sure I perfected every detail. In total I spent about 19 hours on the car, plus 16 hours in betwen little touch ups to let the two coats of sealant cure. Here are the products used and pics:

Wash
2 Bucket Method
Pressure Washer
CG Citrus Wash and Gloss
CG Wheel and Rim Citrus Cleaner
Boars Hair Brush
EZ Detail Brush
CG Purple Clay Bar
CG Synthetic Quick Detailer (Clay lube when needed)
P21S TAW in various areas
Lots of MF

Polish
Makita
Gloss it backing plates
Menzerna PO203S
Menzerna PO85RD
White Pad
Black Pad
Green Pad
IPA Wipe down before and after each step

LSP
2 coats of CG Jet Seal
2 coats of Rubbish Boys Original Edition (my new favorite wax)

Other
P21S Metal Polish Soap on side gilles and grilles
P21S Finish Restorer on exhaust
CG Extreme V.R.P on tires
Que tips everywhere
Einzet Cockpit premium
CG Fade 2 Black for the fenders

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but here are the pics

Before

Some holograming

Trunk is all CF

After

Love the curves of the M3.

Little Details

Had some gunk built up in this small area

Before

After

Before

After

Letting the wax cure

Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Final Pics at the show

Thanks for looking guys. Comments and criticism are always welcome.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
really nice work as always buddy!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by STLG
really nice work as always buddy!
thanks man, you still ganna head into indy?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
That's some serious dedication, and great list of products. Results...she looks beautiful! I saw your write up on E90post as well. Keep it up man. Rep!