Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Opinions on Makita 9227CX3 7" Sander-Polisher Buffer Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TBOS2K is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions on Makita 9227CX3 7" Sander-Polisher Buffer Kit

Any opinions experience with a Makita 9227CX3 7" Sander-Polisher Buffer Kit? I found a dealer out of Indy for $166.00. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Pats300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a great price. I think I paid $176.00 for mine shipped from Coastal Tool. This included two wool pads and the Makita bag..

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ProDetail is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TBOS2K
Any opinions experience with a Makita 9227CX3 7" Sander-Polisher Buffer Kit? I found a dealer out of Indy for $166.00. Any feedback would be appreciated!
The Makita is a very nice machine and that is a very good price. The nice thing about the Makita is that it is one of the quieter machines. I recently recieved the Flex LK603VVB high speed polisher. It is made in Germany. This machine is the best I have ever used, it does a great job with the variable speed. it is a bit more expensive than the Makita however in my opinion it is a better machine. If you are going to make a investment on a buffer I would like you to get the best one out there.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TBOS2K
The Makita has been my tool of choice for over 2 years now. But it depends on if you're a DIY or a professional. If DIY, then Makita being a rotary is not something I would recommend you use at all. The learning curve on using a rotary takes months to perfect on daily use bases. The cons simply outweigh the pros. Most people think if they polish at a lower speed, below 1000 RPM, they're still accomplishing great results. Truth of the matter is, for most polishes and compounds, you need to be above 1000 RPM, more like 1200-1500 to break them down properly. For a DIY, the margin of error now becomes very slim. A slight misshap can cost into the thousands of $$$ to fix.

On the flip side, if you get a dual action polisher and the right polish and pad combo, you can achieve excellent results without the risks associated with a rotary. The DA does not generate heat, has a very small learning curve, and does the job well.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Brian_Brice is an unknown quantity at this point
The 9227c is the first rotary I picked up and haven't put it down since, great tool, does have a learning curve, but if you are willing to put in the time (like anything) you will love the machine. I haven't used the flex rotary and would like to in the future, it looks like a very well built machine, I guess I just bleed Makita green (I should probably get that checked out) because I don't ever see not having one.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
The Makita is a great tool and at $166 you can't beat it.

I would agree with Moe though if you haven't used a rotary I would pass and get a PC or a Flex tool first.