Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Input for cheap details

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Input for cheap details

hey all,

I know that most of you detest the idea of not doing a full exterior detail on any of your customers cars (wash, clay, 2 to 3 step polish, seal and/or wax) but I am searching for a way to cover up spider webbing on uncared for paint using either glazes, sealants or anything else I can come up with.

have had alot of customers that just do not desire a full polished paint detail on their cars and want a quick cover up and wax or seal. something that will make it look clean again with out the pricey and very timely procedure.

was thinking of doing the following, let me know what you think please:

1.) wash wheels and wheel wells.
2.) wash down car, door jams
3.) clay
4.) Einszett metallic polish wax via pc and lc green pad
5.) top off with prima hydro spray wax for extra shine and protection.
6.) wipe down windows and trip

let me know what you guys think. I am just starting out and have alot of customers that absolutely love my full detail but have endless amount of customers looking for something much cheaper and quicker.

many thanks,

marcus

Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
just use a glaze. it has fillers. use something like ez creme glaze topped with a sealant then wax

Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Glazing

thought I would need to glaze, was not sure if using a glaze would fully cover up the scratches on a car that has not been well cared for.

I read that the ez creme glaze is really good. hope that the shine is really good after I cover it up with a sealant and a wax and that all of the scraches are hidden.

am going to use FMJ to cover it up.

anyone have any say on the very best glaze out on the market for this type of thing?

thanks

Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
how much for a "quick" detail such as this?

Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I was thinking about charging 50 dollars to 80 dollars. depends on what I finish it off with. if I top it of with fmj then it will be 80 dollars because the FMJ by menzerna will last 4 to six months.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Originally Posted by godoman
thought I would need to glaze, was not sure if using a glaze would fully cover up the scratches on a car that has not been well cared for.

I read that the ez creme glaze is really good. hope that the shine is really good after I cover it up with a sealant and a wax and that all of the scraches are hidden.

am going to use FMJ to cover it up.

anyone have any say on the very best glaze out on the market for this type of thing?

thanks
the only glaze i have used is ez creme by chemical guys

Originally Posted by godoman
I was thinking about charging 50 dollars to 80 dollars. depends on what I finish it off with. if I top it of with fmj then it will be 80 dollars because the FMJ by menzerna will last 4 to six months.
i guess if you plan on hiring people and doing a large volume you are heading in the right direction

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
thanks a million for your input on this. am not looking to down grade my services but have to find a way to do business with those looking for lower priced details.

i am going to order some of the glaze you suggested to try it out and see if it hides the swirl marks on cars that are not well maintained. also want to see how it responds to menzerna FMJ on it.

do you ever glaze the car, buff off, and then turn around and glaze the car again? have never tried this and have heard that some do this to hide major defects in the car.

worked in a low end detail shop once and most of their detail strategy was to glaze everhything and seal it.

thanks

marcus

Old 07-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t call it cheap detailing…
Eco-detail works better IMO

Old 07-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
good call

good point, am always up for better ways of approaching/describing my simplified services.

love the input from everyone.

thanks,

marcus

Old 07-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
1. wash
2. wheel shine
3. spray wax

lots of places do stuff like that.. its quick, easy, and makes the car shine (which is all a lot of people really care about). you could probably charge like $45 for that.

Quick Reply: Input for cheap details