Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Bring it Back Black

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring it Back Black

So I fully detailed an old Ford Bronco. It was a project car that I was allowed to take on by a friend from work. Wanted to try out using Menzerna Power Gloss with the Porter Cable 7424 and an orange Lake Country pad, cam out amazing by the way.

the top of the car is plastic and is removable but was made in burgandy, which is the paint color of the car. after about 15 years of sitting in my friends drive way and dealing with the elements the top is not dark anymore and looks white washed.

looking for a way to fully restore this burgandy plastic top back to its original self. can I use "bring it back to black"?

are there other rubbing compounds?

please let me know if you have suggestions

Old 05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by godoman
So I fully detailed an old Ford Bronco. It was a project car that I was allowed to take on by a friend from work. Wanted to try out using Menzerna Power Gloss with the Porter Cable 7424 and an orange Lake Country pad, cam out amazing by the way.

the top of the car is plastic and is removable but was made in burgandy, which is the paint color of the car. after about 15 years of sitting in my friends drive way and dealing with the elements the top is not dark anymore and looks white washed.

looking for a way to fully restore this burgandy plastic top back to its original self. can I use "bring it back to black"?

are there other rubbing compounds?

please let me know if you have suggestions
Got a piccie?