Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

997 carrera (full GT3 body kit) detail - pics heavy

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm amazed! Great work and a nice write up!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:08 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, and welcome to you both!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Good work Eric! That paint is in face extremely soft but I found it harder to work with than BMW jet black... I guess it's fairly close... I just did a 1-step on a 2002 C4S this past Saturday and a white LC pad with FPII left buffer trails/holograms... had to finish with a smaller white pad/FPII or with rotary/black LC/FPII... love the cars but HATE that jet black paint!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
EliteOne9002 is an unknown quantity at this point
excellent work guys!!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Excellent work, Eric! Did the marring occur because the paint was sticky or because it was just soft? I've yet to polish a newer Porsche, just the old single-stages, but I've heard that the paint is very sticky, which means that it just "swirls around" as compared to "removing clear" and scratching it with that.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
pretty soft paint on the black porsche from this experience and what others have said about it...

Old 05-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Clever Nickname
Excellent work, Eric! Did the marring occur because the paint was sticky or because it was just soft? I've yet to polish a newer Porsche, just the old single-stages, but I've heard that the paint is very sticky, which means that it just "swirls around" as compared to "removing clear" and scratching it with that.
I'll post a photo within a couple days showing the hood of a 911 I polished with 106ff and Meg's 9006 finishing pad... looks something like this, maybe worse...

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by ivopivo
I'll post a photo within a couple days showing the hood of a 911 I polished with 106ff and Meg's 9006 finishing pad... looks something like this, maybe worse...
Sweet jeebus! I think my heart just skipped a beat...

Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Clever Nickname
Sweet jeebus! I think my heart just skipped a beat...
I don't know if I made it clear, but it looked like that AFTER I polished it with 106ff/9006.. cleaned it up with black/106ff on rotary and some LC white/106ff on G110... very very soft and picky paint

Old 05-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by ivopivo
I don't know if I made it clear, but it looked like that AFTER I polished it with 106ff/9006.. cleaned it up with black/106ff on rotary and some LC white/106ff on G110... very very soft and picky paint
Ahh, I see . Something I can look forward to in a couple of weeks . I've got an F360 scheduled for next week then I'm jumping on the owner's Cayenne straight after that. Should be fun jumping from a ceramic to a putty paint !