Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider Paint Correction and Detail

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Hey Moe, do you do roadtrips ?

I'd have a bit of work for you.....may need a couple of days !
I can accomodate clients worldwide. We just need to make sure it makes financial sense for both of us. I usually make sure the client understands the scope of work involved and the cars have to meet the criteria as well. By the looks of your stable, I'm happy to take care of you. It'll take more than a few days though; more like a week

Old 02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Nickshades is an unknown quantity at this point
Moe,

I'll have to experiment with the Zymol line a bit. Do you ever prefer using the pinnacle souveran series? I think their products are great!

Nick

Old 02-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nickshades
Moe,

I'll have to experiment with the Zymol line a bit. Do you ever prefer using the pinnacle souveran series? I think their products are great!

Nick
I've heard great things about pinnacle. Haven't tried it; I've been using zymol for 10 years now and haven't found anything that would make me jump off that ship. There are a lot of great products out there; there's no such thing as the BEST for all occasions. You find what you like, stick with it, and don't dwell too much on the next hype.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Brian_Brice is an unknown quantity at this point
Souveran has the look of a few different Zymol's in terms of warmth and depth. I prefer Souveran over Ital without a doubt. At least on blacks and reds.

I'm a little surprised how the initial pass of sip and purple wool finished out, ordinarily it finishes down with very slight hologramming for me, on the same car and color too, only a year newer.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I've heard great things about Pinnacle as well..Zymol's boutique waxes like Ital are OK; I don't use them. I'd rather a client get Concours or Destiny and have a much better wax. SIP and Purple pad always have halogramming. I didn't choose to go further because I didn't want to take more clear down than I needed to get the imperfections out. Even though the polish didn't break down all the way, coming back on the next stage, I was getting the marks made by the Purple/SIP.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Not to start a heated debate, but why use a product with certain correction abilities and not break it down all the way, seems like a waste of product, when you could just use a less aggressive polish and pad combo that would remove the same amount of clear while actually refining as you cut?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by TampaBrian
Not to start a heated debate, but why use a product with certain correction abilities and not break it down all the way, seems like a waste of product, when you could just use a less aggressive polish and pad combo that would remove the same amount of clear while actually refining as you cut?
As you know, the next step up in the menzerna line is power gloss which is actually a compound and would be too aggressive in this application. Sip and yellow lc pad didn't correct the deeper scratches. So the next logical step without getting into compounding would be sip and lc purple wool hybrid pad. At my discretion, I chose to control the cutting ability of sip by stopping short of it breaking down all the way; I could have gone further, but felt I didn't need to since the imperfections I was after were removed. At the end of the day, the results achieved what I was after. Sometimes you have to augment the textbook rules and make your own judgement in the field. Different strokes for different folks

Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
As you know, the next step up in the menzerna line is power gloss which is actually a compound and would be too aggressive in this application. Sip and yellow lc pad didn't correct the deeper scratches. So the next logical step without getting into compounding would be sip and lc purple wool hybrid pad. At my discretion, I chose to control the cutting ability of sip by stopping short of it breaking down all the way; I could have gone further, but felt I didn't need to since the imperfections I was after were removed. At the end of the day, the results achieved what I was after. Sometimes you have to augment the textbook rules and make your own judgement in the field. Different strokes for different folks
Counldn't agree more, but you understand why I asked, that's all that's important. Well technically the important thing is that the client was happy regardless of procedure.
Sip,like oc, break down fairly quick while leaving us some play time after the abrasives have broken down, so technically all you are really doing after the correction has reached it's peak is mildly polishing, I understand your reasoning and the goal at hand so it really makes no difference, only that the finish was flawless which it appears it is so great work!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Very cool video Moe. I never tire of seeing your detailing posts!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by daedalus
Wow. Very cool video Moe. I never tire of seeing your detailing posts!
Thanks for the props...this reminds me...I never put up the pics for this F430...I'll put it up for those that just want to see the car and not the video.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ferrari F430 Spider Paint Correction and Detail